More Intercooler testing

They’re in here somewhere.

Obviously there was no arguing at all afterwards! :lolno:

Yeah I did put the results up.

Basically, none of the after market intercoolers that we tried at the time were as good as the standard one.

Adding extra side ducts helped out on all intercoolers

Converting to the 211 shroud with two large 4" pipes being fed from each side pod was the best result.

Like John has said, there was loads of arguing afterwards. I mean what did we know, all we had done was run back to back tests, on all the available after market intercoolers, on the same day, at the same track, on the same car, with the same driver, doing the same stuff.

Yeah but did you try it on the CN260 dyno?

it doesn’t matter which way you cut it, the biggest issue with the intercooler is the complete lack of decent airflow to it, given that you have 2 choices

1 Increase the airflow
2 Change to a charge cooler so the pre rad is in airflow along with the radiator

As the 2nd choice is expensive, the first choice is the best option and the cheapest.
I have no doubt the other intercoolers from all manufacturers are more efficient than the lotus one, but it makes little difference if there is no air getting to it to cool the charge in the first place.

Great results guys !! Well done :slight_smile:

What size ducts do we need for the side scoops.
I want to order some bits to do this little mod, im going to make my own intercooler shroud

Agreed. Anyone want to buy a Marstons Aerospace I/C?