More Intercooler testing

Thanks matey. You could leave the carbon shroud on and we could simply block off the extra holes??

Where are you based, maybe we could get it picked up or something??

Ladbrookes are now taking bets …

5/1 Proalloy
4/1 Forge
3/2 MMG stage 1
Evens MMG stage 2
:smiley: :smiley:

I’m in Lincoln , collecting it would be a big help , how long would you have it for ? the only problem with blocking the side ducts is it’s baffled inside so it wouldn’t give the same airflow as the standard shroud .
If you had side duct cooling on all intercoolers it would be ok .

Lincoln. Doh, I was preying you were either midlands or down south.

OK, next question, is anyone coming from, our could go through Lincoln between now and Saturday either on there way to Brum or Bedford???

We would only need it for Saturday.

Also looking at that, we would need the standard shroud for a fair comparison.

I have got my hands on a spare standard intercooler shroud. We will attempt to modify it tomorrow so that it can take a cold air feed from either side. This will allow us to test each cooler both with and without the side cold air feeds. :slight_smile:

Moomin, it looks like we may have someone who lives by Bedford up in your neck of the woods tomorrow, I have sent you a PM with some details.

I was in my garage really early this morning before work to take my intercooler off as I didn’t have time last night , after I got it off and gave it a quick wipe over I noticed the carbon shroud that I clear coated had blisters on it , it must be the heat and the clear coat I used must have been pants , I didn’t want it to look shite for any photos so I tried some paint cutting paste but that just made it worse , it now has blister with cutting paste in them :angry:
I had let go of my OCD and just wrap it up because I ran out of time and had to get to work .
Fluffy should be here soon to collect it , I will have to get the shroud done by a pro when I get it back , you will have to excuse how the shroud looks .

The eagle has landed !

Probably OT but the chargecool/bigger brakes n stuff JDS fitted a while back definitely made a sizeable difference when I finally got to dry ish track last friday, brakes really good and engine didnt lose any performance from overheating even after 30 min runs was really impressed with how it ran :slight_smile:

It’s a shame you haven’t got one of the JC WeldFab (clicky) intercoolers to try out tomorrow. :wink:

Yeah thanks to MMG for lending us one of there stage one coolers. Thanks to moomin for lending us an MMG stage 2 ciiler and thanks to Fluffy for picking it up today.

We spent today (amongst other things) putting side feed pipes on my car and also fitting the AIM dash out of my race car into my S2, so this will allow us to fully datalog the Air temp.

Roll on tomorrow.

Nice work.
Peak speeds on the straights should also make interesting reading.

VNE rocks baby …

Good work. When’s test day?

Its now I think. I’m in London and its just started lashing down…hopefully they got a clear and dry morning.

Back from a pretty knackering day. The rain kept off until about 3:45 I think. We got all the testing done that we intended to do. With some pretty interesting results. I am putting the data together now and will post up later today or tomorrow…

Come on Sean - the suspense is killing me !!!

AIM in a S2 - nice :wink:

Where’s the results ??

Could you wait just one more day, he promises in his last post it will be tomorrow. :smiley: