More Intercooler testing 2!

[quote=Boothy]Good job Sean, nice work :slight_smile:

Do you loose a lot of the side cooling air or the engine? [/quote]

I reckon the 4" duct takes up about just under two thirds of the side pod. Engine oil and water temps were rock steady and the same for every run, so I dont think it effects engine bay cooling too much.

I’ll stick to the chargecooler!

Agreed, charge cooler is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo the way to go, but as a cheap alternative, this isnt too bad.

• lot less weight
  • lot less to go wrong
  • lot less weight
  • lot less to go wrong [/quote]

Would not disagree with you on that, but also you are only jealous :wink:

• lot less weight

Would not disagree with you on that, but also you are only jealous :wink: [/quote]

You love your cooler and I love my carbon - there’s only one way to sort it out … See you at Spa !!! :smiley:

• lot less weight

Would not disagree with you on that, but also you are only jealous :wink: [/quote]

You love your cooler and I love my carbon - there’s only one way to sort it out … See you at Spa !!! :smiley: [/quote]

And I now have almost as much carbon as you :wink:

Now where did I put the reverie catalogue? I need some seats :wink:

Sean is the 211 ic the same as the exige one ie. does shroud fit ic ok. can’t tell with your gaffa tapped pic.

+1

Will the 211 shroud fit onto a std exige IC as is, or will it require work for permanent fix? How much did the 211 shroud and pipes cost?

Shroud is �135 Lotus have 5 in stock

Almost as much carbon as me ??? I somehow doubt it - and my new ‘all carbon’ wing will be ready soon :wink:

2nd set of canards, steering wheel,door cards all coming soon :smiley:

canards = air brakes IMHO

Yup - 125mph only at the top of the Kemmel straight :cry: but 123mph into Eau Rouge - yeah baby !!! :smiley:

+1

Will the 211 shroud fit onto a std exige IC as is, or will it require work for permanent fix? How much did the 211 shroud and pipes cost? [/quote]

Yes the 211 shroud fits perfectly with the standard IC with zero mods. I would go as far as saying it fits better than the standard plastic shroud. the 211 one is made of metal.

I will take a pic of the internal baffle plates that I knocked up, if people go the 211 shroud route, you will need to make these as I think they make a difference. Gav told me that all the 211 race boys are doing the internal baffle plate thing.

I got my 4" ducting from demon tweeks. You will need about 2.5 metres, DT only sell it by the metre so you end up with half a metre ish spare.

So its probably �200 by the time its done. Not cheap.

[quote=chrisexigegt]Almost as much carbon as me ??? I somehow doubt it - and my new ‘all carbon’ wing will be ready soon :wink:

2nd set of canards, steering wheel,door cards all coming soon :smiley: [/quote]

You’ll be handing back my crown soon Chris my boy :smiley:

LoL,

You’ll not be having it for long…

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=chrisexigegt]Almost as much carbon as me ??? I somehow doubt it - and my new ‘all carbon’ wing will be ready soon :wink:

[/quote]

If your talking about doors I think not - or is there more ???

As Sean says you will need to fit a couple of deflector plates inside the cowl to direct the airflow onto the i/c otherwise the two inlets are aiming at each other if you leave it as is.

[quote=chrisexigegt][quote=jonnyfox][quote=chrisexigegt]Almost as much carbon as me ??? I somehow doubt it - and my new ‘all carbon’ wing will be ready soon :wink:

[/quote]

If your talking about doors I think not - or is there more ??? [/quote]

Know your place my boy, lol it’s a Tarmac-Foxy fight to the death :smiley: :wink: