Mod time pt1-first up Shift-i & rear view cam

Ok so firstly it’s the inside out again (love it :smiley:) to fit a Shift-i which thanks to Richard Allison is quite straight forward. The RPM signal using an MSD Tach Signal Pick Up no problem…see here and here. The Live and Earth I’m getting from the back of the Radio/CD unit (Pesky that’s like an 8 track player :wink: ) but I haven’t got one of those just the plugs so…

of which this is the live…(green/red)

So a few questions, this is live live as in always live ignition off so does anyone see any problems with that for the Shift-i draining the battery?

Also I’m fitting a rear view camera as using Craftsman mirrors can be a bit of a gamble on our UK roads so as the wires all follow the same path (Isolator & Extinguisher included) it’s killing two birds with one stone.

The camera is this one here, it a nice little unit, tested it earlier and it’s very good night and day! Anyway I have a number of TFT’s & drivers at work which are great so I just need to build a cradle and fit that somewhere nice :wink:. But can I take the live from the same place, will that have an affect on either of the two? What it will do is keep the camera and screen on, so I’m going to fit a switch somewhere on the dash to isolate both.

Put the dremel back in the cupboard!!! :wink:

Alright… it was just a tiny bloody slip and anyway you’re in part 3 and only if I fook up maybe part 2 :smiley:

It needs to be switched live so that you can set it up by turning the ignition on and off.

Jonny … you crack me up !!!
Camera’s up the rear ?
What next?
lol :smiley:

PS. If you need to see wat’s behind you’re pedalling too bloody slow !!!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Say again Will…

[quote=jfk]Jonny … you crack me up !!!
Camera’s up the rear ?
What next?

PS. If you need to see wat’s behind you’re pedalling too bloody slow !!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: [/quote]

Lol loads on here :whistle:

Think he means … to program it you need to be able to switch it off/on ?

I thought that was exactly what I’d said :slight_smile:

I thought that was exactly what I’d said :slight_smile: [/quote]

Just checking :confused: :smiley: that’ll be a yes then you two lol :blush: tar.

What do you call a donkey with three legs?

:smiley:

What do you call a donkey with 3 legs, and one eye while its having sex?

Think of all that weight you are adding ! :smiley:

What do you call a donkey with 3 legs, and one eye while its having sex? [/quote]

That is not a nice thing to say about one of our older peeps!!!

But, I think I would call him Lucky! :smiley: :smiley:

I thought that was exactly what I’d said :slight_smile: [/quote]

Just checking :confused: :smiley: that’ll be a yes then you two lol :blush: tar.

What do you call a donkey with three legs? [/quote]

…a wonkey :smiley:

[quote=pete757][quote=evo_ufo]:smiley:

What do you call a donkey with 3 legs, and one eye while its having sex? [/quote]

That is not a nice thing to say about one of our older peeps!!!

But, I think I would call him Lucky! :smiley: :smiley: [/quote]

A lucky winky wonky bonky Donkey :smiley:

I think it’ll be just over a kilo there really is nothing to either of these two things. Anyway pt2 is all about the wieght saving/bling :smiley:

[quote=jonnyfox]Also I’m fitting a rear view camera as using Craftsman mirrors can be a bit of a gamble on our UK roads so as the wires all follow the same path (Isolator & Extinguisher included) it’s killing two birds with one stone.

The camera is this one here, it a nice little unit, tested it earlier and it’s very good night and day! Anyway I have a number of TFT’s & drivers at work which are great so I just need to build a cradle and fit that somewhere nice :wink:. But can I take the live from the same place, will that have an affect on either of the two? What it will do is keep the camera and screen on, so I’m going to fit a switch somewhere on the dash to isolate both.
[/quote]
First of all may I say how brave you are posting stuff like rear view cameras on here, and hoping to get some serious discussion. I just wouldnt.
But I am interested in you results and any suggestions. Even though I guess we all get used to having no rear vision, a screen would be nice sometimes.
I assume you have done a search on the American Elise site The Lotus Cars Community as they seem very keen to bling their cars and fit loads of accessories (Pesky, that website really isnt for you… it’ll only upset you)
Isnt there an ‘always live’ at the cig lighter that might be easier to get whilst you are feeding stuff through from back to front ?

Thanks for the link Steve - always enjoy a really good laugh on a miserable Monday! :smiley:

Thanks Steve I’m a member of Lotustalk already. The camera, driver , screen and all the wires weigh next to nothing and will be an easy fit…I’d been over most of the banter in my head prior to posting :wink:…but then I think peeps who know me expect a little bling :whistle:

Edit to say yep the ciggy lighter I think I will use that for the camera, cheers.

If running from the perm live on the lighter socket then watch out for it flatting the battery. I’ve installed some toggle switches on the center console for datalogger etc.