MightyCarMods buy an exige.

Have you seen the episode?

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … htyCarMods”>I Bought a SUPERCAR! - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Yeah got far too excited about this when I saw it last night. Been watching these guys for years, love what they’ve done with (some of) the Japanese sheds that they’ve picked up, hopefully they’ve got big plans for the Exige.

I also very much like their rear spoiler

A couple of interesting episodes. Look forward to the rest. Looks like a nice Exige.

I havent posted part 2 , but part 3 has come along

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … htyCarMods”>Lotus Supercharger Upgrade (with dyno power run and suspension) - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

I must not investigate the SSC developed Harrop 1320TVS supercharger found here <LINK_TEXT text=“https://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/i … harger-kit”>SSC TVS1320 Upgrade Supercharger Kit for Elise or Exige</LINK_TEXT>

Quite liked this, maybe a bit more technical would 9f been nice, also interesting they did the change with clam in place and also hatch too :thinking:

Now must refrain from going onto simply sportscars webside :grimacing:

Groupbuy?

I’m really looking forward to the next video now that the car has been setup better.

Interesting :thinking:

Don’t do this to me

So thats
Andy
Fonzy
Lee
Anyone else
:laughing: :laughing:

If your keen I don’t mind co ordinating, I think I just need the charger , and swan neck.,

Have enjoyed the vids but would have thought, suspension, geo, tyres should be done first, with it performing so badly on track.
I like the HKS air filter, it sounds fantastic.

They did Geo at the end of that video, and they said they had sorted tyres too but don’t think we saw it on camera :thumbup:

they had put V70A’s on you can see the tread on one of the shots…

probably the best trackday tyre i have tried, we used them on the time attack car and they were awesome!

Do we know how good those Kumho’s are on the road - After the demise of the AD08Rs there are limited options as the RS isn’t getting good reviews and the Avons ZZR’s are now not road legal…

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … htyCarMods”>LOTUS - Supercharger Upgrade (First Drive) - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Though I can’t claim to be authoritative on this, my interpretation of the rules (and the interpretation of a few other people I’ve spoken with) is not that the ZZR is no longer road legal, it’s that the vendors are not allowed to sell it as a road tyre because of the missing e-marking.

There’s no law to say that your tyres must be e-marked when driving, a ZZR won’t fail an MOT and won’t get you in any hot water with VOSA.

E-Marking is an EU thing after all, so if you bought a car or tyre from another territory there’s a fair chance it won’t have E-Marks anyway, and there’s no law against driving grey imports etc.

That said, I’m not advocating the ZZR as a road tyre - there are better options out there!

Right - but I know of a couple of people who have been stopped by the law and told their tyres are illegal - that’s abroad as well…

I will need tyres soon - so getting all the opinions I can… feedback so far

AD08RS - generally bad feedback
Nangkangs - seem ok for s1 Elise, but not so good for the Exige s2

Any other suggestions welcome…

Fair enough, obviously can’t comment on abroad. Very hard to get a clear answer in the UK though, it’s especially confusing that the ZZR IS e-marked in some sizes but not others. I expect they’re working towards getting the full range e-marked so hopefully that takes any doubt out of the equation.

I’m going to stick AD08RS on my spare set of wheels. They’re apparently not as good as the previous AD08R but I’ve heard a few first hand accounts which suggest their weaknesses are only really found on the track anyway. For road driving there’s little difference between them.

If you’re keen to stick with ‘semi slicks’, what about the R888R? They are e-marked so remove any doubt. As are the ‘other’ tyre from Avon, the ZZS.

ETA: BMTR Motorsport Avon Road Legal

Prefer something like AD08R’s - another option is ZZS, but I think the e mark issue is the same with those too