MightyCarMods buy an exige.

The ZZS are e-marked. If you read on the link above to their distributor website it basically says that the ZZR is road legal but not marked, and the ZZS is road legal AND marked.

That said, I know some smaller sizes of ZZR are also e-marked so it’s all a bit confusing.

I’d say go with the AD08RS and make your own mind up. If you’re mainly on the road I’m fairly sure they’ll be absolutely fine and won’t be a noticeable downgrade from the old ones. They’re easy to get in our sizes, and are pretty cheap too… so if they do turn out to be a disaster, just go do a CarLimits airfield day and finish them off :mrgreen:

I put some Avon ZZS’s on for my last Euro tour and have to say they were great in the wet (although I’ve been used to A048’s and ZZR’s for years)

We had some serious torrential rain on the autobahns and could still easily drive at 70mph

I used AD08R’s for about 12 months on the VX, they were “ok” nothing spectacular, i have used semi slicks for about 10 years on the VX and apart from the short stint on AD08R’s never had anything different.

I have driven hundreds of Lotus’ and VX’s with all manor of different tyre combinations and i think the Federal 595RSR are a good intermediate tyre, i have yet to drive the Avon ZZS on the road tho.

I’m a dealer for Toyo Motorsport Division so i get all the R888R’s at really good prices, some i can do £20/£30 or so cheaper, per tyre than places like camskill etc. so if anyone fancies a punt on them just drop me a message. :slight_smile:

Do you have any friendly fitters?

I have access to a tyre machine so i just do it myself, it’s not local, so not the best logistically for me to just put some tyres on some wheels for someone unless they are having work done with me.

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … htyCarMods”>LOTUS - Supercharger Upgrade (First Drive) - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Damn that Ferrari mobile chicane :smile:
Wondered why the pro driver changed gear mid corner though…

Can you get all sizes? I run these on my Clio, not quite as good as the old R888 but certainly a very good semi slick, I’m going to look at the Federal 595RSR as a wet tyre for the clio as well as I used to have AD08R but only heard bad things about the AD08RS as well

yes, i can get every R888R size they make :slight_smile:

Awesome I’ll be in touch, might need a job lot, a couple of new cars coming the way of the Clio collective :wink: