Mallory Park Saturday 12th November £94

Hi Folks

I have been missing you all since Croft, and am hoping we can get together again before the end of the year…

The guys from TSR, tuning firm based at Bridgwater, Somerset, are running their annual track day on Saturday November 12th at mallory park, which is a good central location for us all.

These guys are the real McCoy, as you can see from their WONDERFUL WEBSITE

They have just remapped my audi exige (emerald ecu) using a wide band lambda sensor, running on public roads / motorways, and the result is fantastic

They say that this works better than a rolling road because the airflow to the car is real, the loads are real etc (they have a rolling road as well, of course)

They sort out the low speed running and steady speed running in each gear, so it is spot on e.g. at 30, 40, 50, 60 mph, and then sort out the power stuff - my car is even more flexible, and the intake temperatures are staying low even when provoked.

If any of you have emerald ecus, and have problems, or are just interested in ‘refreshing’ your maps, they will be taking all their gear to Mallory, and there would be a good chance of ‘on the spot’ work being done.

�94 seems a good price to me, and Neal, the boss, has offered us a session of our own, so we wouldn’t be hampered by slower cars !!! (Mind you, Neal has a 478 bhp Passat, which you may have seen on track at the Tuners Grand Prix, so some of the other attendees will be V. Quick)

How about it, guys - are you in ?

I’m in where do I pay

hope you guys can keep up with me in my standard elise

300bhp I wish more like 130bhp

Unkle Mike

Great to hear from you

Will you (& Maggsy) be coming to Oulton on 8th Oct for the Mid Engined Race?

Session of our own?
Not open pit lane?

Hi Uldis

Sorry - not open pit lane, but I think there may be some give and take on the day, so you would probably be able to do your usual 300 miles on track !!!

The reason is that there will be some heavily modded VWs and some not so heavily modded, and we would probably find ourselves weaving around them a lot… Then again, having seen your progress at Croft, you would probably just drive under them !!!

Rob

Steve and I may come up - if you hadn’t heard, Steve he has become a proud daddy, and this complicates things cos he has ‘duties’ and time off is not so forthcoming !!!

I’ll check with him and let you know…

PS Please pm me your mobile number - I lost my phone!!

To pay, just ring TSR on 01278 453036 - they had their internet phone line cut in error a couple of days ago, so best not to rely on email for a few days.

Called and booked it

anyone else coming to this one? or has everyone heard about my driving

Pesky, you shouldn’t have said anything

But you’re an Elise owner/driver, & this is an Exiges forum, & we look after our own

PS If you’re going to wear your new race suit at Mallory, you might get a crowd there

[image]http://www.racewear.co.uk/web2005/aws_skyhawk_small.jpg[/image]

I shall be there - would not miss the chance of passing Maddog…

I shall be there - would not miss the chance of passing Maddog…

in the pits

Just Kidding, you lot should be much quicker than a meer amateur like me

But you’re an Elise owner/driver, & this is an Exiges forum, & we look after our own

I’ll get my coat

I’ll get my coat

Please don’t forget your race suit too

[

in the pits
[/quote]

The pit lane is closed at Mallory…

theres always one, isn’t there

Smart arse!

So who else is coming ??

Come on lads and lasses !!

At least you already got better response than my Knockhill posting

Softies…

There are still some 7 places and the forecast seems reasonable - any more takers?