Magnesium Wheels - The new batch..

I’ve been in touch with Speedline Corse today who are in the process of producing another batch of magnesium wheels.

7x16 �240-00 per wheel ex. VAT
8.5x17 �285-00 per wheel ex. VAT

UK mainland Carriage is �20-00 per set of 4, ex. VAT.

So the total for a complete set, including carriage, including VAT will be �1257-25.

They currently have just 8 sets planned, but could easily increase if there is greater demand.

If you’re interested NOW is the time to let Speedline know…

E-mail David Williams @ Speedline here: [email protected]

Now is time to ditch those rusting Rimstocks and lighten that unsprung weight

Do they fit an S2 exige? and if so could you post a pick?

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/AndrewDovey/DSC00010.jpg[/image]

Dunno about S2 fitment

They definitely don’t.

Having said that, they may be able to make two different runs, with two different offsets

will they fit an S1 elise ok??

and will this give me the same wide track as you guys have??

They will, but you’ll find the tyres touching the clams and liners in places.
And then you have to modify the ride height and reposition the steering rack.
And you need a CR box at least, because the wheels being bigger, your final ratio will be higher, so the drop in revs when upshifting will be greater.

Other than that, they will be fine

They look class, better than the standard ones i think. shame i don’t have that sort of cash in my back pocket

Alternatively if someone wants a set of standard exige wheels, I have a set and would come to an arrngement if I can get a set of speedlines for me

Go on guys - you know you want to…
Maddog, your oversill donor car here sporting a set.

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

They will, but you’ll find the tyres touching the clams and liners in places.
And then you have to modify the ride height and reposition the steering rack.
And you need a CR box at least, because the wheels being bigger, your final ratio will be higher, so the drop in revs when upshifting will be greater.

Other than that, they will be fine

already got the honda uldis, so gear ratios arent a problem. as for rubbing, might be going for stiffer springs, so that should help. not running too low, 115/125 so hopefully geo could stay the same.

how much do these wheels weigh???

will they fit an S1 elise ok??

and will this give me the same wide track as you guys have??

I used to have exige wheels on my elise with no problems, all you need to do is file the lip off on the inside of the front wheel arches
[image]http://www.maddogmotorsport.com/photos/elise_exigew.jpg[/image]

Yes, I too would be interested to know what the mag speedline’s weigh?
For example are they lighter than the OZ Motorsport rims ?

If I am running a set of 16 & 17 inch 135 OZ Motorsport rims on an S1 with a set of elise parts hub converters so that the s1 PCD is mated to the S2 variant. is my track to wide, and will it upset my handeling?

The PCD adaptors act as a 10-12mm spacer on my hubs both front and rear ? LOOKS GREAT THOUGH !!

Even though I have both sets, I don’t know how much lighter they are. I never weighed them without tyres, and since they have different tyres, it would be un unfair comparison now

I know they’re lighter, some people have said by about 2 Kg, some other have said about 5Kg.

And I particularly don’t like the bigger wheels in an Elise, they look too big, like a pimped car

Am I weird?

I read there’s about 2-2.5kg saving in weight per wheel

Just fitted my Rimstocks back to the car and took the Speedlines off for a wash.
The Speedlines with A048s are noticeably lighter to pick up and handle than the Rimstocks (with Toyo T1S). I’d say the figure of 2-2.5kg per wheel is about right. Unfortunately I didn’t have any bathroom scales to hand…

The Speedlines with A048s are noticeably lighter to pick up and handle than the Rimstocks…

Completely agree with that.

TBH I did Speedlines as my 2nd set for style rather than weight.

Ian

you a closet S2 man then?

you a closet S2 man then?

How very dare you!

No, I was more yearning for Motorsport Elise territory. Although you should hear the things they call us S1 owners!

Ian

But didnt they keep frying wheelbearings due to crap heat dissipation?
I understand that there are some issues to using these rims with slicks in races, but how are people getting on using them in everyday driving and trackdays?