Magnesium Speedlines (again !)

I have some and they are about 2 Kg lighter per wheel, but that is nowhere near half the weight !!

I have a lightly used set that I will swap for a standard set in reasonable condition plus cash oiro �300.

[email protected] (home) or 07734 225046 (m) or 01245 233787 (h)

Cheers

I’ve been trying to get up some numbers to have wheels made which will be a better bet than the speedlines. They will be more like half the price, they will be lighter as they will be designed with FEA for the car and they will be aluminium which is far better than magnesium on a road car.

Please let me know if you are interested… we need to have 50 sets made to justify the cost of the tooling…

Will they have a little ‘O’ and a little ‘Z’ on them?

Will they have a little ‘O’ and a little ‘Z’ on them?

more likely to have ‘compomotive’ .

You were half-right then Robert

How much do you think that a set of these wheels will cost?

about �600 I think

Randy,

Ill be keen, need a month or so before I could commit.
Need to find a job and soon

Warren

Anyone know the weight savings of a set of the Speedlines with 48’s on them vs. OEM wheels?

id be keen for a set but i really like the style of the stock exige rims, the way they are kind of split rim at the back. Any pics of them on a chrome orange beasty?

Anyone know the weight savings of a set of the Speedlines with 48’s on them vs. OEM wheels?

Like I said recently, I weighed both sets when I fitted them, and there was a 2 Kg per wheel saving, which all came from the metal bit, cos the tyres weighed the same !!

NB This is NOT a 50% saving, or anything like it !!

But Speedlines do look the best.

But Speedlines do look the best.

Maybe…

They were no good when used by Gav on his Exige in the British GT Series last year - allowed too much heat to be generated in the wheel bearings causing them to fail. He reverted to the original Rimstocks, & didn’t suffer wheel bearing failure again

Like I said recently, I weighed both sets when I fitted them, and there was a 2 Kg per wheel saving, which all came from the metal bit, cos the tyres weighed the same !!

NB This is NOT a 50% saving, or anything like it !!

Oops - missed that…

Maybe…

They were no good when used by Gav on his Exige in the British GT Series last year - allowed too much heat to be generated in the wheel bearings causing them to fail. He reverted to the original Rimstocks, & didn’t suffer wheel bearing failure again

I have to agree that with only 2kg savings they may not be worth it given the possible heat issues.

Have you seen how Gavin drives?!..on slicks…with 600/650 springs…and BIG disks! There didn’t appear to be any problems with my bearings (checked at the weekend…famous last words) after 15,000 miles and giving the Speedlines some stick on 3 trackdays.

It’s 2kgs in the area that counts, they’re cheaper than new originals, are the original Motorsport Elise wheel (which I don’t recall having bearing issues, but am happy to hear otherwise), are easier to adjust dampers & check brakes with and look pretty darn good.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE MY WHEELS?!

Ian

I love those Speedlines!!!

But knowing me and my apetite for curbs and stuff, I just couldn’t justify spending the cash.

I’ll stick to the couple of extra sets of standard rims that I have.

Sean…

i love the Speedlines. I want a set, there expensive but what do you expect for a wheel that looks so good. It wouldn’t change my mind even if they were a not as light. (but they are lighter so thats a bonus.) I dont drive it hard enough to even begin worrying about heat on a bearing.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE MY WHEELS?!

I most certainly don’t - I actually think they’re fab

Like you, I would be amazed if anyone, apart from the like of Gav, suffered bearing problems as a result of using Speedlines.