Lotus Motorsport 260 upgrade

I finally booked my car in for it’s upgrade, who hoo!!! :smiley:

It’ll be going in back to the factory on the 13th December as this was the next available slot Lotus had and hopefully I’ll be able to collect the car on the 17th :slight_smile:

Anyway, I just had to post up as I’m very excited about finally getting my car upgraded. The upgrade will include the ECU remap, the uprated fuel pump and the TRD lightweight flywheel.

I can’t wait!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ha ha ha

You are so impatient as you said you were waiting until next year!

[quote=C8UER]I finally booked my car in for it’s upgrade, who hoo!!! :smiley:

It’ll be going in back to the factory on the 13th December as this was the next available slot Lotus had and hopefully I’ll be able to collect the car on the 17th :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thats cool!

Can I be rude and ask how much they are charging for this please? :wink:

Congrats, exactly a year after me!!

Get the accusump too, especially if you’re going on track.

You’ll love the 260 map :sunglasses:

Pete,

With my LCI discount (10% on parts) it’ll be a smidge over �2500. The majority of that is the flywheel (�600ish for the part and �500ish for fitting).

Tim - I can’t wait! :smiley: I’m sure I’ll love it!!

[quote=pete757][quote=C8UER]I finally booked my car in for it’s upgrade, who hoo!!! :smiley:

It’ll be going in back to the factory on the 13th December as this was the next available slot Lotus had and hopefully I’ll be able to collect the car on the 17th :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thats cool!

Can I be rude and ask how much they are charging for this please? :wink:[/quote]

[quote=535dboy]Ha ha ha

You are so impatient as you said you were waiting until next year! [/quote]

Haha! Well you teased me about my lack if power so I booked myself in :wink:

Just the forge to go then!

Haha true :slight_smile:

Out of interest what’s the going rate for a forge intercooler and where can you have one fitted?

I don’t actually remember ( I find it best not to!) maybe �500-600

It was all done by CNs for me at the same time so not sure of actual cost

L :frowning: Pete, lotus will charge you a small fortune if starting with a 220s

I did

Yes, I’d add that the price I mentioned is for an upgrade on a 240PP car. I did hear somewhere that Lotus charge something like 10k to upgrade a 220, but don’t quote me on that.

Apparently it’s something to do with having to have the all if the bits on the 240PP (AP brakes, updated injectors, etc) installed.

Having said that, you probably would save a lot taking it elsewhere, but it would cost more overall as you’d need the injectors done.

I think i paid �2.5k including forge and second service

I dont have flywheel and brake kit coming soon

Just need to steal some light weight wheels now, I know of a White one that has some!

Eliseparts will have a plug and play T4e replacement soon, that’ll enable a whole host of cheaper power gains.

Stephen
Track-club

After going out in mine last night I can confirm it really does not need any more power. CN’s 260 plus Forge = seriously quick car and hopefully shy of killing the gear box.

Boothy

Oi hands off :smiley: haha!!

Well the car was dropped off yesterday and I’m hopeful that it’ll be ready to collect on Friday :slight_smile:

I’ve got a rolling road booked Friday afternoon, so will post up a comparison video of my car with just the TRD airbox installed vs my 260 upgraded car + 2bular 8x22 exhaust and 2bular 130mm sports cat.

Should be interesting…

Hope it all goes well mate.

[quote=Boothy]After going out in mine last night I can confirm it really does not need any more power. CN’s 260 plus Forge = seriously quick car and hopefully shy of killing the gear box.

Boothy [/quote]
‘Need’ and ‘Want’ are tangentially juxtaposed (had some wine)

[quote=C8UER]I’ve got a rolling road booked Friday afternoon, so will post up a comparison video of my car with just the TRD airbox installed vs my 260 upgraded car + 2bular 8x22 exhaust and 2bular 130mm sports cat.

Should be interesting… [/quote]

looking forward to hearing about this. still haven’t had mine on a dyno since it read exactly 220.5 last year. since then it’s had the CN 260, 2bular 8x24 and forge on top of the k&n typhoon it had already. got a call from a friend this evening to say his GT4 255 cup rebuild is complete with uprated pistons and sleeves, we may do a dyno comparison.