Hi - i have just bought a Y reg (2001) Exige, heres what it has;

6000 miles on the clock
Engine completely rebuilt professionally to race spec
Turbo Technics TT260 supercharger
Lotus motorsport 190 unpgrade
Racing gearbox and Clutch
Uprated brakes
Balanced and lightened
Straight through tuned exhaust (without CAT Converter)
Varous Engine strengthen mods (cam rods, fuel injectors)etc
Full Lotus Exige carpets
Elec windows replaced by manual lotus winders
Cat 1 alarm
Strut seat buckles
RAC Trackstar plus tracker - (this i had put on)

It came with a spare set of alloys with racing slicks on it (never used) as the car has never been tracked.
The original exhaust is there too with the cat on…

0-60MPH under 4 seconds
0-100MPH under 10 seconds
top speed - not sure

How much do you think i paid for it? - I want to get a good idea of how much its worth as i think ive picked up a total bargain here…

your feedback will be much appreciated…

Im a 22 year old btw!

Have you got the electric windows, cos I’ll have them off you

PS Was this Russell Morgans car?

Sorry i didnt get the electric windos im afraid…

where is Russell Morgan based in the UK?

Russell is in the NW - Clitheroe area.

You probably paid less for the car than the insurance!

I think somebody is pulling your leg on the e/windows. Such heavy nonsense didn’t make it into the S1 Exige.

Given that you think it’s a bargin, I think you paid �23-4k. Any Exige is a performance bargain!

Ian

Ian

After recently driving both Russ’s & Trudy’s S2s, I really want leccy windows

PS If it was Mr Morgan’s old car, it was recently advertised at �21995.

After recently driving both Russ’s & Trudy’s S2s, I really want leccy windows

PS If it was Mr Morgan’s old car, it was recently advertised at �21995.

You’re getting old Pesk!

Ok, that is a bargain! Why so little?

Ian

Ok, that is a bargain! Why so little?

Ian

Russ M is a car dealer - the car has/had been for sale for months, so I presume he just wants to get rid.

PS Also looking at fitting heated seats - where did you get your’s from?

PS Also looking at fitting heated seats - where did you get your’s from?

The engine bay! I understand Russ as developed a quick warm-up mode for them.

Ian

Matt, congratulations on your purchase. I am very envious, at 22 YO I was still travelling in my BMX!

But… there are a few things.
Don’t just take everything a dealer says for granted.

The 190 Mootorsports can’t co-exist with the TT260 Conversion.
As mentioned, the S1 Exige never had electric windows.
The gearbox I suppose is the same, the CR.
And finally, the statement that the car has never been tracked, how would you know? and especially if it comes with an extra set of wheels and slicks?

These cars were meant to be tracked, nothing wrong with that. Just give a slap to the salesman from my part.
Think about it, why would anybody go through the expense and worries of all those modifications to never put it on a track?

It’s like you’re telling me now that Christina Aguilera has never had sex before…

And I have patented it!

BTW, the electric window mechanism in the S2 is lighter than the manual one in the S1.

Right well thanks very much for all your replies - is there something i should know because a few of you seem to know exactly whos car it was…

i thought it was a bit sus when the guy said it had not been tracked even though there was a spare set of alloys and slicks…

i bought it from a dealer in the clitheroe area so it most definitely does sound like russel morgans old car…

picked it up for �21995…

my insurance was �4400 with 5 years no claims bonus and 6 poins on my license - 1 sp30 and 1 sp50

i will be expecting insurance to be no more than �3000 next year when i turn 23 if i go with tesco…

but hey - this sort of insurance is to be expected when you are 22 and live in a dodgy as hell area…

ive seen numerous exgies now with slighly more miles, 2000 registered going for around the �25k marker… this is why i thought i’d got a real bargain!

i hope nothing has been wrong with it… i.e. its been staked or summat…

You cn’t go wrong with that price. The TT260 conversion alone is �10K!

BTW, how can you afford it at 22 YO and living in a dodgy area?!

i work as a telecomms project engineer - so my basic salary is pretty good - plus i do tonnes of overtime, still live with parents so my outgoings are non existent and i trade on eBay…

oh and i dont have a partner either…

Matt, the chances of getting a partner now are slim, the car will take over any desire

Matt

I’ve known Russ Morgan for about 10 years - he used to race various cars, including Caterham, Renault Spider & Marcos - in fact he used to have his own team in conjunction with a chap called Howard Walker.

Oddly enough, RussT & myself bumped into him at Christopher Neils whilst he was negotiating to buy the car you now own!

This is the link to the garage, which still shows your car for sale Link Here

cool - i think the reason why the car is still on the website is because i go to pick it up tomorrow morning (saturday 9th) at 9:30… already put a deposit on the car and will be paying the rest tomorrow…

im really looking forward to getting it!

p.s. - if you’re still in touch with Russel Morgan then tell him i said hello…

i still cant believe how much i got this car for… i keep thinking someone is going to tell me its stolen or something…

This is a bad time of year to buy and sell cars, traders know this and generally drop prices a little, especially sports cars.

Also th price for Exiges is a bit random…

I think the real reason they are so much is because there’s always more buyers than sellers so the market is overpriced and maintained that way by most exiges being sold for �21k - �25k… Any parkers and what car! guides say about �17k - �19k generally… But that’s also based on “normal” car depreciation

You have got a bargin! A few of us here have (mysel;f included! I picked up mine for �17k), so they are about

p.s. - if you’re still in touch with Russel Morgan then tell him i said hello…

I think that you will find that it’s his garage - or at least he has an interest in it