LoT Croft - 24/5

Great day Rob. Couldnt resist going to see my old S1 and what a car it is now. Thanks to Damon & Pete from me and Mel for the pax.
Will try to get to Oulton and who knows may even have another car before long
Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope you get a new Lotus soon. Let me know if you’re heading to Oulton

Thanks to Damon & Pete from me and Mel for the pax.

My pleasure, just glad the car exhaust did’t fall off (again).

I believe the weather was kind - did you enjoy yourselves (daft question really!)?

I reckon will all had a good day, as you say the weather was very kind, a few spots of rain and just a bit too nippy.

1st Croft trackday for me and it gets big thumbs up and a big thanks to LoT for organsing the day and good to meet a few fellow Exigers from here.

1st real trackday for me in the Exige after the work I had done, biggest disappointment was my exhaust coming disconnected whilst on the circuit, not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR bloody times, so for much of the morning (ALL) was spent taking the tray off and sodding about reconnecting the exhaust and trying to solve why the thing kept coming off !!!
For sorting this out I must thank Gav’s resident chief mechanic Lem, whom without his help I would have been floundering, big thanks for everybodys support and to DaveP for his ‘lightweight’ jack and tools and to Damon for his gloves - bless.

So apart from fixing the car, I only managed 3 clear sessions without anything falling/dropping off. I found Croft a very technical circuit and at one point actually got lost as to where I was and what was the next bend/straight.
One I shall re-visit for sure. I only had 1 clencher moment and that was straying onto the outside rumble strips at (I think) Complex 1 going too fast and losing the back end somewhat, but recovered with dignity intact

800 mile round trip in 3 days - well worth it and am now cream crackered.

See you in June at OP

Good stuff, lads

Hope you can get to Oulton Steve

My first LoT day and I have to say its was a great day out. Very friendly bunch and great on track behavior.

My video from the day, best option is to select the High Quality option at he bottom right of video window

My first LoT day and I have to say its was a great day out. Very friendly bunch and great on track behavior.

My video from the day, best option is to select the High Quality option at he bottom right of video window

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnKFHnMhX3o >

Yeah Damon the video is great…!

Lots of room for improvement, but getting there.

…and who knows may even have another car before long
Steve

About time “that” car saw a track again…in fact, any piece of tarmac

Confused me Rob, DaveP has my mota.
Steve

Confused me Rob, DaveP has my mota.
Steve

Steve

I realise DaveP has your old mota, it’s the “new” one I was referring to - although I could be adding 2 + 2 to make 5