Lockdown Mini Project

After thinking about upgrading the garage for a while and after decorating most of the house in the first few weeks of lockdown I thought it was about time the garage had a spruce up.

So out went the carpet, walls repainted and new flooring fitted. Got a bit creative with the design but if I want to change it about in a couple of years time the tiles come apart fairly easily

Fits like a glove

Just some plastic skirting and a new light fitting and it will be complete

Top effort and like those floor tiles.

I’d love to have a clean garage like that, but the work bench is now used for storing excess shopping, I have shelving with dog food & marine fish tank supplies, 3x bikes and rugby ball & basketball storage. All cluttering up the garage

That flooring is a work of art! Fantastic! I desperately need to do something with my garage …

Interesting timing, I’m waiting delivery of a pallet from duramat as I type! They’ve had stock issues so it’s taking a while…

No fancy patterns here though, I’ve settled for a nice inventive black floor. :laughing:

Got a smoke alarm in there? :fire_engine:
Purely due to the washing machine/tumble etc

No I haven’t but now you mention it might be a good idea :thumbup:

Looks great Adrian :+1: I am just painting the walls in my garage and then tiling the floor. Will post up a picture when finished.

I keep meaning to add another Nest Protect to my collection and stick it in the garage. Read one too many horror stories about people reversing into their garage and then dropping dead because the fumes have lingered a bit too long…!

Looks good. Which floor tiles did you go for? They look smaller than Duramat.

Great job, Adrian,
Been thinking about flooring the garage for years but keep hitting the same problem: Mrs Thommo!
She thinks it’s a waste of time and money, will hold dust. etc, etc.
I have pointed out that as the door from the recently renewed kitchen opens straight out into the garage new flooring would enhance the whole household experience.I’ll keep trying . . .

Good effort :slight_smile:

:thumbup:

They are from http://www.plasfloor.co.uk/ 4.5mm thick vinyl 200x200 which makes them a little more usable than the larger tiles if you want to do a design, box of 25 (1sqm) is £14.99, there is a handy online calculator so you can try out your options before you buy. Easy and quick to put together, I laid about 320 in about 3hrs the cuts on the other hand took about 5hrs :unamused:

If you just did it would she notice :laughing:

Floor very impressive…as is the symmetry of your parking on it :thumbup:

Oh, yes, first the bank account, then the floor . . . I called her “gormless” the other day and we are still at daggers drawn.
But, given the lockdown, we are rubbing along quite well. We just love to bicker!

:laughing:

Top job Adrian

I have got round to fitting the Mototile skirting I bought 5 years ago.

Tell her it will enhance the value of the house Steve.

Far less dust with tiles and spoils the whole new kitchen experience :wink:

Says the fireman :laughing:

Very cool btw :thumbup: