Lee's Exige

Hello all, I would like to introduce my new to me 2010 Lotus Exige 240. I am not new to Lotus this been my 4th car, first was a 2001 Elise Racetech, a 2004 111R that got made into a Elise SC and a 2007 Europa S which kicked out over 330Hp and also my farther has a 1973 Elan plus 2 130/5 which we restored in 1991/93.
So why the change, I’ve wanted an Exige for a while, I simply took my Europa as far as I could and wanted a change/challenge.
My Exige is a 2009/11 Model with performance and touring packs and I have since added the full motorsport seats etc, it has also had the factory 260 upgrade alloy bells and TD wheels by the previous owner.

My plans for the car are to for this year to enjoy it pretty much as it is, however given the lockdown we are all in I have done a 3 stage paint correction and cleaned and serviced the calipers and alloy bells. It’s due to get both sills painted and full PPF applied once we are allowed to move again. Over the winter I plan to strip her down clean, replace tidy and polish so will show you my progress and share my ramblings on here.
Anyway here she is…

What a fantastic looking car Lee. The colour really suits it.

Do you have any interior pics?

Here you go Andy originally it came out of a 240R

Fantastic looking car Lee and a great choice :+1:
I hope you and your family are well.

Hi ,Lee, sorry you parted with the Europa before I could see it in its finished state. But another project beckons, I guess. Looks great at the mo. . . enjoy

Looking ace mate, this time next year will be able to eat your dinner off the underside :thumbup:

Oh no, this time next year will it be too good to drive :astonished: :crazy: :smiley:

Looks great Lee, loved your Europa too so have high hopes for this!

Don’t encourage him ffs, he doesn’t need another garage queen :mrgreen:

Hey Lee, great choice mate a real beauty. Look forward to seeing more work. Keep posting those pics :thumbup:

I have had the sills, side pods and rear lower clam behind wheels painted, now I am happy with the paintwork. The PPF has been delivered for the front, and sills and just awaiting my friendly installer to turn up once things get moving.

Driving it back from the painters on Friday I realized just how quite the exhaust is, plenty of SC noise but no real drama. I feel a new exhaust coming on but what kind ? :thinking:

Clean ! Really clean!

I would like a louder exhaust too but needs to be track friendly. I put up a thread about recognising a exhaust. Might be what you are after?

Nice, something I imagine most Lotus cars could benefit from is a tidy up on the sills! Must have been a nerve wracking drive home though if the PPF isn’t on yet :smiley:

About 18 miles from home, listening to every stone but all good. :grimacing:

About 18 miles from home, listening to every stone but all good. > :grimacing:

Maybe you should have fitted the louder exhaust before you had it painted! :smiley:

Looking great Lee, be glad when this lockdown is over then we can see it in the flesh! :thumbup:

I’m trying to find little bits to do while in lockdown, without massively pulling the car apart, that will wait until this winter. One area of inprovement was the rear panel which had fadded and tarnished so removed, striped back to bare alloy, primed and sprayed satin black with all new fixings and fittings.

The deffuser has been given a quick tidy up but on the look out for a replacement as quite badly pitted.

I do love the massive wing but it’s a pain to access the engine bay for any work so fitted it on studs and wing nuts so it can be removed in minutes to gain better access.