Lee's Exige

So today I have done a terrible job, fitting PPF to the sills. Its gone on not so bad just need lots of paitence that I dont have :joy::joy: however it will do the job and keep the paint safe :grimacing:
While I was at it I made up some little pieces to protect the rear lower clam.

That looks fiddly. I dont mind spannering but stuff with minute detail in I am stuffed at

I can’t even get a Tegiwa sticker on my toolbox straight and without bubbles so lord knows how the PPF wizards get it done! That said I’ve seen some pretty ropey PPF jobs too from so-called wizards… :confused:

From the pics though it looks good, so it can’t be that bad! Good work.

It’s the little things

I did similar when I first bought mine, but found something a bit narrow to closely match the OEM one. Unfortunately the Amazon seller I got it from no longer lists it, it was self-adhesive too so a doddle to fit, and it’s survived a few run-ins with a pressure washer since!

Not bad at all Lee, TBF PPF is a PITA to fit, it needs putting on PDQ and as ASAP TBH. Good effort :thumbup:

My sill plastic covers finally turned up this week, both sides had the coatings coming off and look pretty horrible and the first thing that you noticed.

They look very tidy!

Only just found this thread. Great progress Lee, I look forward to seeing the car.

Can I ask where you got your sill covers from? I have the same problem and looking for a solution - cheers

I got the from Paul Mcstein at Oakmere formally Christopher Neil’s. Nothing really wrong with the old ones apart from the peeling, ideal if someone wants to get them covered.

Problem I have with the sill covers is that they have split at the back corners. I must be too lardy getting in and out.
How much were the new set?

I got them for £170 delivered which I thought was not to bad.

My new favourite photo :lolno: added the Lotus lettering to the spoiler, thanks to Dan at Divine handicrafts

Can you zoom in on the seal at the back of the hardtop for me where the scoop meets the clam? :laughing: