Larini exhaust...latest news!

Ask for Dave, he’ll know ALL about it.

You may then to persist, sometimes they struggle to answer the phone.

Ian

Think twice about ordering direct from Larini if you have an option.

I was one of the earlier buyers for my S1 Elise, and I was told that it was not available from anywhere else. I then found out that my old friends at MBR were selling it �60 cheaper, but I got no joy from Larini when I told them that I was less than impressed with their selling methods.

tut

IAN - have you got your zorst fitted yet?? Would be very interested to know how quiet it is. I have a trackday coming up at Goodwood and I need to get my noise issues sorted out. I wanted the Edwards zorst but fear it will be too small.

Just FYI

My Powerspeed and Eliseparts SCRP were “well under” the Bedford limit on Monday …

I can’t put a SCRP on my car though as I have a Honda with 4-2-1 manifold and sportscat.

I think I will go for the Larini but would really like to have a look/hear to see if it will fit and get the noise down.

Why not Randy? Thats what I had.

You have a different manifold to me Russ.

I got a reply from Larini last week saying that their S1 exhaust uses 2 inch diameter pipes. Wouldn’t this be a little restricted for engines over 190hp?

As a reference, the outer diameter of the CRP I got from Geary is 2.25 inches wide.

I’m (currently, something is bound to go wrong!) all set for Saturday and intend to take my sound meter, so watch this space on that front!

I like the Edwards idea, I just don’t think I’ll want to change boxes. Plus, the Larini one is really shiney!

Moto-build is just down the M4 (inside the M25), so could be handy for you Randy.

Ian

Will be watching with interest. Do you fancy meeting for a beer and a drive at some point so I can have a closer look?

I’m going to get mine from Motobuild now, dont see why I should pay more from Larini! Plus I’m really pissed off waiting!

I’m going to get mine from Motobuild now, dont see why I should pay more from Larini! Plus I’m really pissed off waiting!

I thought you were selling ???

Will be watching with interest. Do you fancy meeting for a beer and a drive at some point so I can have a closer look?

Most certainly. I’ll need to find a moment that does include a child of some kind, so that’ll be in a week or so (or an evening if I can get home early enough). It’d be good to catch-up.

Ian

Rooney, if your selling the car and want to save some money, your welcome to my old exhaust if you want it.

Dave

THay’d be cool, how much do you want for it?

Free to a good home, I’ll dig it out of the loft today. give me a call, and I’ll bring it up if you want, or I could meet you somewhere.

Dave

Home 01383 738644
mobile 07843 664553

Finally!

See here for pics (you can also see my removable plate and cooling method if that’s of interest).

It achieved 93.5dB before it is ‘sooted up’, which should bring it down a little. So I’m very happy.

I haven’t been able to give it the full monty yet but it is definately better than my std Exige zorst, although perhaps not the best breathing thing out there (which wasn’t what I was expecting, I was aiming for an improvement, longevity, zero maint, mid 90sdB, and of course, looks).

It is a quality bit of kit and if you’re interested I wouldn’t hang about as they’re contemplating increasing the price.

I certainly wouldn’t take my car to them for some jobs (not enough Lotus experience), but Moto-build did a good job fitting it.

Ian

90db, but what does it sound like ?

DEEP!

It kind of burbles away at tick over and then has a meaty take-off (people still look round) but doesn’t get (as far as I can tell so far) boomy or raspy at the top end.

Ian