Knockhill dates - September

As mentioned to Dave, there’s a few dates coming up and not sure everyone knows them so…

1st Sept : Dreadnought (01877-331099) 6-8pm @ �50

7th Sept : Hot Marques 6-8pm

8th Sept : Porsche Club - all cars welcome (Ian Griffiths - 0141-647 2333) 6-8pm @ �50

11th Sept : SIDC (9am-1pm)

14th Sept : Radical test day (10am-2pm) - Just me allowed on that one.

30th Sept : Hot Marques (4-6pm)

Add any others I may have missed out. Cheers.

cheers Ally

I’m surprised you haven’t drowned…

won’t make it this week to KH but will try to get to 7th or 8th next week… could be fun mixing it with some of the Porker club boys… are you going to any of them? well apart from the Radical Ally and his mates club…

Yeah, I think the dates next week are better for me also Mike. I’ll be going to the ones that are looking rainfree ie 100% blue sky!

If wx good on Wed afternoon, i’m gonna go along to the HM

anyone else?..

won’t make it this week to KH but will try to get to 7th or 8th next week… could be fun mixing it with some of the Porker club boys.

Are you going tonite Rox? Is anyone else?

Hot M was sold out when I called at 10am today. I’ve booked a place for the Porsche Club night instead. I think they sometimes run 2 sessions, depending on track experience - not 100% on that though.

Anyway, if you wanna go, get phoning cos the weather is looking good (at the moment!) so places could book up quickly.

Ally

Gone are the days when you could just show up and drive on ehh… … i missed out as well

Anyway, I booked with the Vdub’s ramorra… see you there. sounds like you say… they are going to run 2 sessions… Prsche and then the rest of us… hopefully they only do that for a wee while and then make it open-pit lane

just back from KH, I phoned this morning too and they took my number in case anyone pulled out, and they did! There were also some folks there on the off chance and I think they got on too. I was the only exige there, very lonely but Dave showed up with his trusty camera. Got a whine coming from my front wheel now, goes up and down in pitch with speed!!

Rooney

Sounds like a wheel bearing. Suggest you order one from Eliseparts, rather than from a dealer

Cheers, will get onto that…

me and Ally at KH tonight… no other lotus contingents…

‘Interesting’ i think youd describe it as… weather was perfect… totally clear blue sky all night… got to mix it with plenty stuff tho’… GT3’s… 964RS’s 993RS’s 993T 996T etc etc… a bit too close at one point when a 993T tried to out gun me at mcintyres… they are very very quick… in a straight line… eh Ally …

Well, I won’t be doing one of their nights again. My enjoyment was seriously hampered by the total lack of driver etiquette/intelligence/etc.

Very few cars were moving out the way (even tho it was meant to be overtake by consent only) or if they did, they’d indicate over with their foot flat to the floor on a long straight. With my 205bhp against their 360plus (GT3’s, Turbos, Diablo, 355 etc), I ain’t gonnna get by easily - the Radical’s top speed is 125mph. In the end, I had to force my way by quite a few times and just out brake them up the inside before corner entry (overtaking was allowed on both sides). This is after being sat behind them for a while I should add.

P.S. Sorry I missed you at the end Rox. I waited in the car park for a bit but you were off chatting to various folk and I wanted to leave ASAP cos the Radical’s headlights are pish in the dark so I hit the road.

Very few cars were moving out the way (even tho it was meant to be overtake by consent only) or if they did, they’d indicate over with their foot flat to the floor on a long straight.

I had that problem with a couple of cars on tuesday, was miles faster on the brakes and corners, then on the straight they’d indicate but still nail it! The whole point is to let the person past is it not?

Yup, exactly and it’s not rocket science. It should be stamped into drivers heads “If a car is behind you that wasn’t there before, he’s going faster, look to move over soon, which may include lifting on the straight”.

Only at Knockhill does this seem to be a major problem. Normally it’s only a few drivers but last night it was the majority that had never heard of this it seems.It’s just simple and polite track driving whcih makes things safer for everyone involved.

Thing is I had a passenger who wasn’t exactly light on his feet which made powering out of the corners a bit tricky, especially when I had to lift off the throttle or I’d hit the back of them coming out of the corners.

Sunday drivers…

It’s very simple actually, a human trait.
Mpst people in the road think that fast (fast car, fast driving, whatever) means straight line power. The best car, most expensive, most powerful.
They then see a little dinky plastic car in the mirrors and because they were told, they let you pass.
These are actually trying to be polite so far, because some would think -naaah fcuk’im-
But, as their mind is still set on power, subconsciously they think in two possible ways:

Case 1: - he caught up with me, so his car must be faster, he’ll be able to outdrag me. Their brain cannot comprehend the fact of going thorugh the turns faster. And if they see you do, they think -nutter!- When you can’t outdrag him he feels good, and thinks: he’s not really faster than me!
This kind of guy is note really bad, just ignorant, and he will learn given time, but then it all depends on how many times he goes to the track, many will go once a year, or just once.

Case 2 - bloody dinky plastic machine! I’ll show him who’s the daddy. He had his chance to pass me, if he can’t, get a proper big engine!
Yeah, that’s it, you can’t pass me, HA HA HA! Loser!
Who’s the fast one now!? Who’s the daddy!
Fcuker little plastic pieces of shite, get a proper car, like my Porker (Scooby, Skyline, Ferrari, etc) ! HA HA hA hA!
This type will never learn, unless he gets a slap (metaphoric or otherwise). When I find these, I tend to be inclined for the otherwise method, so I try to find him after the session.

That’s life, want to find better drivers at the track? need to take on racing!

I think case 2 was at KH on tuesday in a 996. He indicated on the main straight after the hairpin then wellied it up the hill, I ended up having to out brake him going into duffus! Which meant me on the wrong line which was a bit hairy! Didn’t see him again after a couple of corners. I was worried about getting a talking to by the marshalls for a dodgy move!

“If a car is behind you that wasn’t there before, he’s going faster, look to move over soon, which may include lifting on the straight”

Sounds like a windscreen sunstrip to me Ally…if you had a windscreen!

Did you try flashing them?

Ian

If overtaking on either side was allowed surely you could just outbrake people up the inside??

Personally I think the track day way of doing things is bllsht. You should be allowed to overtake wherever is safe to do so and slower cars be expected to stick to the racing line. Asking people to move over just leaves you vulnerable to mistakes and assumptions.

LOL - quite a few of case 1 and the usual suspects in case 2 (guy in the red GT3 again).

Ian, I would have done but I left my Mac at home. You really think that’s the correct approach?

Randy, I did outbrake them to get by at times (if forced to) BUT it’s overtaking by consent so goes against the rules. I think the rules work well, as run by Bookatrack. All their trackdays have been excellent examples of track etiquette but a lot of it is down to the drivers taking part.