Knockhill dates - September

How do you know if you really have their consent though? Are they just wandering down the straight or have they moved over, have they indicated intentionally or did they hit the indicator by accident?

Having been exposed to many forms of motorsport over the years I definately think the conventional way of overtaking on testdays is the safest by some margin.

P.S. Sorry I missed you at the end Rox. I waited in the car park for a bit but you were off chatting to various folk and I wanted to leave ASAP cos the Radical’s headlights are pish in the dark so I hit the road.

Its okay Ally, i guessed you didnae have ‘hands-free’ in yer Rad

But anyway, didn’t you see me behind you when we got diverted from the main KH-Powmill route ??

there was you, a GT3, a fiesta, a 968 then me…

When we got back onto the main road to Kincardine you blasted off and I never saw you again… took me a wee while to get past, and then i took the bleedin Edin turn instead of the Glasgow one off the M876… twat.,…

Uldis

I think most were ‘case 1’ last night to be honest… they mostly expected Ally to blast past on the straight… it amazes me that they drive petrolhead cars but don’t really seem to know simple things…

However, there was defo a case of ‘case 2’ and Ally crossed swords a few times… he never caught me and i never caught him all night so no problems for me with him, but Ally probably lapped everything when they would get out of the way on the straight…

I came across a 996T a couple of time who just kept monstering the straights making about 50yards on me but then he would be in my way around the chicane and clarks… to be honest if he let me past (which he didn’t) he would be making the ground up again with his straightline pace. Only answer is to drive thru pits and get some separation… but with 12 minute sessions that wasn’t an option…

If overtaking on either side was allowed surely you could just outbrake people up the inside??

Well sort of Randy

except that the briefing tells us its overtaking by consent - which i’m happy with… it is a track-day after all - and it is specifically mentioned that overtaking on any side in the Braking zones is not allowed and perpertrators will be black flagged, so all of a sudden the ‘innocent’ party becomes the one reprimanded.

Also at a track day, overtaking up the inside of an unknown driver can be dodgy… will he turn in on you 'cause he doesn’t know you are there ?? possibly… will he spin as he decides well if the little plastic car with its piddly wee brakes can brake that late then so can i with my massive Brembo/AP racing kit… who knows.

anyway, there wasn’t any real dangerous stuff, just the annoyance of the drag racers… why don’t they all bog off to santa pod…

Having been exposed to many forms of motorsport over the years I definately think the conventional way of overtaking on testdays is the safest by some margin.

Its true but remember… in this case these guys all have race-craft and will be totally concious of what should be done (even if they don’t obey the ‘leave room’ rule… its done in a different manner… and probably not on test-days ehh ?

Oi Rox!, building up the posts?
Wanna be Poo-bah soon?

who me…???

whats all this zorst talk then… no-one reading this KH stuff so you can tell me…

It’s a guy called Jim Valentine that is tsrting his zorst making company in Aberdeen.
He used to work for one, mainly building for bikes, and seemingly did a lot of work with British superbikes.
Now that my engine is out, we’ve been talking bout some real racing exhaust (no cat, that will follow later) from the manifold to the tip. Not interchangeable the way ours is.

Very simple and cool design, lighter than what is available and sounding quiet enough for trackdays.

With the engine rebuild, I’m getting an EBD, which is a known good performer. That will be my baseline at Emerald.
Then we will try the seceral different variations of the Valentine one and see if it works as good as it looks.

You’ll know the results in a couple of months.

Rox, I had actually been behind that bloody combine harvester since leaving Knockhill practically. Ten mins later, a few more cars had bunched up too, including the Roxmobile I thought. There was one porker in front of me and he took a turn off the normal route to get away frpom the blockage so I followed, not having a clue where he was going. I recognised the Saline sign though as being a place I passed on the drive up so…

Anyway, the guy in front turned up a farm road by mistake 5 mins later so I was now in front without a scooby doo where I was headed. After arriving at an unsigned giveway, I plumped for left and luckily that was the right way although I almost followed the M90 sign before taking the Dollar one. Once I got back to the normal road, I nailed it but but the sun beat me and it was pitch dark by the time got back again.

Can you email me your address for the �50 I owe you and I’ll pop a cheque in the post? Cheers.

Have a good holiday!

P.S. LOL at you taking the Edinburgh turn off ya nutter!

A couple of pics from KH that Dave took, check out the lean at the top of duffus![image]http://www.bookatrack.com/-PG?rooney&2436&19791&640[/image] [image]http://www.bookatrack.com/-PG?rooney&2436&19794&640[/image]

how do you get the pics to come up here?

They’re not coming because this site only understands images which link ends in .jpg.
For some strange reason Bookatrack’s don’t, they’ll have to be hosted somewhere else if you want them to show automatically…

[image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/exigepic5.jpg[/image]

See?