K20 JRSC S1 Exige

It’s a Lotus power one, it’s adjustment aswell

I assume they are not made any longer as I don’t see anything online about that manufacturer?

Can’t help you there, was on the car when I got it

It will not be hard to reproduce it tho

Started on the spare K20 that came with the car

It was unknown about history of this engine so thought I’ll open it up to find out

Looks like it’s had some sort of refresh it’s all looks new

I wasn’t expecting it to look like this and has me thinking on changing plans

1 Like

Tell more?

How does this alter you booking the spa date with LOT in June :grinning:

It doesn’t lol
Planing on doing snetterton at the end of Feb
Need to get it on track to see how it really goes

Doing a few things on the car took the exhaust off
And found which looks like a sports cat

Didn’t expect that anyone else who has a k20 have one

So I’ve had a decat made sounds better now :slightly_smiling_face:

Me and a few friends booked a last minute trackday on Monday (6th)
It’s will be the 1st time on track with the Exige and not driven a car like this on track before I’ve come from M3’s etc…

Was a cold start to the morning

Was hoping the decat would be ok on static nosie test which It was :smiley:

Did the norm checking fuilds and set tyre temps etc…

Now it was time to see what the car can do on track and see where it’s at, I’ve not thouched any geo settings since buying it

There was not that many people there so had plenty of seat time to learn the car characteristic still have loads to learn but I’m getting there But i geled with the car pretty fast and was getting faster with each lap.
Car felt good on track just a few tweaks to do on geo etc…

The only real problem I had was with a strange squealing coming from what sounded like belt sliping but this only happened 7k or over.

Apart from nosie the car was amazing loved every minute in it can’t wait to get back out on track

Me and mate having some fun

4 Likes

Ace, great day for it. I saw the Javelin(?) photos last night and your car looked great.

Wouldn’t be the first, nor last SC Honda car with belt slip at higher RPM. Do they have a manual tensioner?

Ya believe there is a manual tensioner, the belt etc… is not the easiest to get to

Just for reference press their name avd chose message

Tnx :+1:

how is it possible that i didn’t see this? :thinking:

Another little update

Wasn’t happy with the brakes at Bedford I kinda of knew they need changing as the wasn’t much meat left on them but I thought I see how they performed on track before replacing them

When all the disc out thought I take the Coilovers off give them the once over and do some fine adjustment, also adjustment the front ARB also.

Back together again but seeing this makes me wanna refurb the calipers :roll_eyes:

Just have a brake fuild flush and change to do and ready for Donnie next month

1 Like

Great stuff, love reading about such things, as I have no talent in this area!

Why are they called a Mr Bean car?

Its weird. When I was looking for an S2, I was never keen on the S1.

Now though they’re great looking cars.

BW

Ha :joy: they aren’t… the chap that used to own this Exige and at least one prior that went to the US his username on the forum was Mr Bean :+1:t2::wink:

Well… shit. Ha!

They are good looking cars.

BW

Been and had a chat with a bodyshop about painting it,

Would you respray to original colour which I believe is cobalt blue or Go for another

I would go with whatever takes your fancy. If it had been a low mile or even a wholly original S1 I’d have said go OE. But it’s a little bit modified so….

Anything you’d like to respray it in?