Just got my dream Lotus today

I’ve missed my old Lotus, and always knew I’d come back to the fold, but took my time in searching for my dream car. I eventually found it a month ago, took it on the Brands track day and had mechanical issues resulting in it being at the garage for over a month :angry: I’d only driven it 3 days :frowning:

Anyway, I collected it today and it feels like I just got it for the first time :smiley:

Pics below.

Anyway my dream Lotus was an S1 Exige with SC and CC, so it took a while to find. It’s got 350bhp with lots of race upgrades and carbon fibre parts.

Congrulation, this look hell of a car!!!

Wow … looks proper Scalextric !!
That’s a compliment by the way :smiley:

Garage & garage content envy!

Looks great :smiley:

damn thats a nice car

Lovely car - stop putting power upgrade temptation in my path :slight_smile:

How clean is your garage !

Totally ace car :sunglasses:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :slight_smile: I do think Exiges just look stunning.

JFK, I never thought of it as Scalextric, but I do see what you mean. Hopefully it won’t be flying off the track in quite the same way my Scalextric cars used to.

M7EXG, a totally unbiased opinion I am sure :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, I agree :slight_smile: The red & black contrast works perfectly - as does yellow and black I reckon.

ConMcL, yes I do like a clean garage. It makes up for the state of my desk :smiley:

Jas - I am the SELOC Exige chassis number reader - welcome on board matey :slight_smile:

[quote=Jas]ConMcL, yes I do like a clean garage. It makes up for the state of my desk :smiley:

[/quote]

I now have garage envy and off to tidy mine up !
Mind you, if I got round to fitting all those bits that I bought of that Shorrocks bloke then I might have a bit of space :smiley:

Thanks Simon :slight_smile:

ConMcL, don’t feel so bad. My garage is kind of cheating, as the mirrored doors hide an entire wall of ceiling high shelving, which is where all my stuff is stored :slight_smile: If all that stuff was on the floor I’d probably only have space for one car :slight_smile:

Lovely car :sunglasses:

[quote=Jas]Thanks Simon :slight_smile:

ConMcL, don’t feel so bad. My garage is kind of cheating, as the mirrored doors hide an entire wall of ceiling high shelving, which is where all my stuff is stored :slight_smile: If all that stuff was on the floor I’d probably only have space for one car :slight_smile: [/quote]

Floor to ceiling mirrors in the garage? Doesn’t bode well for the bedroom [grin][laugh]

M7EXG :smiley:

Evo_ufo :whistle:

I considered this car too for a mate who wants a tuned S1 when I saw it for sale a couple of months ago, looks stunning with a high spec. Just out of interest what were the issues with it? I wouldnt have expected anything wrong with her at all from reading the sellers ad and the money he claimed to have spent.

Ps - orange and black is nice too :wink:

It was just one of those luck of the draw things I guess. I started hearing a rattle/bang noise the next day after collecting the car. It quickly got worse and was found to be loose engine and gearbox mounts.

It had had new ones fitted a month or so prior, but they were just not up to the job :frowning:

Anyway, MSC sorted it, and she ran perfectly yesterday at Brands.

I also had quite a lot of other work done - as you do :slight_smile: So, I’ve now added �3k to the file of invoices :smiley:

Best thing is that the gearshift was really excellent on track yesterday, whereas it was previously a bit tricky.

I’ll probably get it fully resprayed and the interior re-done next year too, after which it will be effectively 100% like new. I might also get a few engine mods to increase the power to 370bhp…

Despite me saying I didn’t want to do the car modding thing again (after my S2 that I spent ���’s on), it seems unavoidable whenever I buy a Lotus.

Just got the car back from MSC yesterday with all new suspension. It’s now got much stiffer new Eibach springs all round, and I took the opportunity to have the Nitrons factory rebuilt, and the car raised a bit more again.

Despite the stiffer springs, having softer damping now means the car is noticeably more compliant on road.

I also had a rear view camera system installed with night vision. The view screen just replaced the rear view mirror, so it gives a rear view continuously. I didn’t want a dash mounted screen in the Exige.

I’ve left the front facing smartycam installed too.

I took a couple of poor quality pics of the rear camera equipment with my phone. The rear camera is discreet but can be seen between the rear plate and middle brake light. The screen of course just appears to be a normal rear view mirror.

PS. If anyone’s wondering, the steering wheel’s lying on the dash.

…And you can watch the Xfactor too Jas :smiley: :sunglasses:

Could you let us know what cam system you used please. I have been looking for one but could not identify one that gave the mirror reverse image.