I've just upgraded . . .

. . . from this
[image]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/s_wilding/DSCN1157-1.jpg[/image]

to this

[image]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/s_wilding/DSCN1178-1.jpg[/image]

More pictures to follow after I’ve fitted the AP discs and put the wheels back on!

Very nice

You did the right thing

Good lad

c’mon then , so how do they compare??

Can’t see a soddin’ thing

poxy firewall

poxy firewall

No one cares - just get that bloody video posted, man!

poxy firewall

working on it…

poxy firewall

working on it…

More work less play on that thing!! lol

I haven’t done too many miles in the S1 as i am currently upgrading the brakes and its in bits! but i did manage to take her out for a good blat around some local roads. First impressions were that the suspension is softer in roll than the s2. Not sure if this is a damper or roll bar setting issue that is specific with my car but definitely a noticeable difference.

I have to say that the vhpd engine is much nicer than the toyota engine. Power delivery is much more linear and it sounds really crisp above 6k. i actually quite like the lumpy idle. Not too keen on the driveability with low throttle inputs below 2krpm but its not a problem to drive around. Just need to drive with some commitment to be honest! The engine just has more character.

Performance seems very similar. certainly at road speeds.

Overall much more character and a rarer car which suits me down to the ground. exactly what i was after.

Having said all that i am still planning a sc honda conversion in the very near future. Watch this space.

Please excuse this knobhead question…but what is a VPHD engine?

I haven’t had the bottle to ask before

Please excuse this knobhead question…but what is a VPHD engine?

I haven’t had the bottle to ask before

the vhpd engine is the 190hp k series engine as far as i know.

the car is pretty much standard at the moment.

vhpd stands for Very High Power Derivative

Cheers - I thought it may have been a Vauxhall lump or some such!!

I haven’t done too many miles in the S1 as i am currently upgrading the brakes and its in bits! but i did manage to take her out for a good blat around some local roads. First impressions were that the suspension is softer in roll than the s2. Not sure if this is a damper or roll bar setting issue that is specific with my car but definitely a noticeable difference.

I have to say that the vhpd engine is much nicer than the toyota engine. Power delivery is much more linear and it sounds really crisp above 6k. i actually quite like the lumpy idle. Not too keen on the driveability with low throttle inputs below 2krpm but its not a problem to drive around. Just need to drive with some commitment to be honest! The engine just has more character.

Performance seems very similar. certainly at road speeds.

Overall much more character and a rarer car which suits me down to the ground. exactly what i was after.

Having said all that i am still planning a sc honda conversion in the very near future. Watch this space.

Glad you like it mate

Im not really agreeing on the engine though. The VHPD is a bag of nails. It rattles way too much. The Toyota is Smoooooooooth and just wants the revs by comparison(granted I have mine using a new EMS). The VHPD feels like it wants to shoot the valves and pistons through the engine everytime you rev it up.

i love the vhpd, it’s full of character.That wont stop me sticking a honda lump in though.

All I will say is that it isn’t as bad as everyone would let you believe.

But I have one and it is that bad :stuck_out_tongue:
Probably compared to a standard toyota with the peaky tuning it might feel more linear though.

I think some VHPD’s are better than others. Mine was pretty smooth for the first 10,000 miles, then it degraded over the next 3,000 miles to the point where the crank broke in half at Oulton Park and spat its self out the side of the block. lol

I was just thinking on using the VHPD from the exige for a bit more but you are not helping my confidence eheh!

Honda it is. Now I just need to get on with the restoration project

We S2 drivers just love our high reving, reliable, easy to modify Toyota engines