Inspiration Needed

Having had a the worst experience in car ownership with Land Rover I would never buy another … no matter how tempting the spec.

My experience with a Disco 2 TD5 over 50K miles - yes 50K and 4 years

• Aircon failure - needed a new rad
  • Leaking sunroofs and skylights - never solved
  • Jammed ignition key / lock ( 4 week delivery for a new key ) - Dremel and screwdriver fix
  • Leaking fuel rail due to failed o ring … 6 weeks delivery and car not allowed to be use due to leak - eventually fixed it myself by getting an o ring locally
  • Turbo failure
  • Head gasket failure
  • Cooling rad failure
  • Auto gearbox leak / failure - resulting in eventual auto gearbox failure due to dirt when box removed by dealer … dealer takes no responsibility for their stupidity … 3 weeks in dealer and eventually only solved by me sourcing a replacement box at half their quote.

I remember the call to LR service about the fuel rail … and being told “I was invading their personal space and that they were ending the call” … I mean being told 6 weeks for a part was not a happy moment.

So … yeah … every time I think about a LR product I remember the above and look somewhere else, anywhere else actually … although the Jeep adverts turn my stomach so no Jeep …

that’s pretty shocking!

How do you invade someones personal space over the phone?!

Yeah Andy my sister has a similar experience.

When I saw her over Xmas she told me she’d been so angry in the dealership (after it had let her down again) that she’d threatened to smash their fish tank :laughing:

:clap: would have loved to have seen cctv footage of her hacking at fish tank with a handbag

Aye, you don’t wanna mess with my lil’ sis - she is not mild-mannered like me :open_mouth:

Because I just walked past one :

How about a Merc CLS Shooting Brake? Proper classy machine…the CLS63 AMG obviously :sunglasses:

See this month’s EVO.

Is it good/bad ?

I have to say the dealer who supplied mine was crap - but the local(ish) dealer I took it to for the work was very good indeed… no problems sorting the work under warranty etc.

It’s a shame… because if it’d been reliable and a bit more dynamic around corners, I’d still have it… might need to try a Cayenne as that could be the best of both worlds and the newer ones look quite decent I think.

Our Q3 is brilliant, and would have an SQ5 if we needed bigger and not wanting a tow bar.

A brilliant car, shame about the ordering time and the fact that someone wanted it enough to steal it from us :frowning:

Its really strange how different folk have different experiences of the same vehicle make…

We bought a brand new Discovery some years ago, 190k relatively troublefree, agricultural miles in 6 years of ownership - depreciation was rather alarming tho’ :slight_smile:

Audi A5’s - 2 of my work colleagues couldn’t wait to get rid theirs, awful dealer experiences and staggering lack of mpg - both now have LR Evoque and are as happy as Larry with them :slight_smile:

You pays your money…

There may be quite a few new damaged repairable LR & Jags available shortly when they get that ship righted in the Solent :mrgreen:

It is odd, our Q3 averaged 39mpg over the 13 months and 13k miles we did in it, I was always staggered how good it was considering it only went 5 miles each way with Jacqui to work, and we did several long journeys towing a 23ft caravan as well
Must admit the dealers are very hit and miss though, our local one is awful we travel for service and repair now :frowning:

Am I the only one that wants to see a picture of Ben’s sisters rack?!?!?!?!

I think the Exiges.com Mojo is back :clap:

Whatever rings yer bell dude…

LOL!

[No offence buddy :eh: ]

They loved the fun RS Q3 but the Q5 chassis based Macan was more brilliant than fun (I guess in a 12C kinda way). The Merc GLA was the fastest but seems to sit closer to hot-hatch than small-SUV. They said a good estate has more space though. There’s so many classes of cars these days!

Lisa has already been told her next car is a diesel Macan. I think our CRV is pretty good but not to ‘drive’.

PMSL great post at the start of 2015 :d

Is that a standard or ‘enhanced’ rack??

Looks a bit plastic fantastic ?