House renovation thread

Heat pumps can be good, I’ve not heard great things about them yet from a few friends who use them Solar panels worth a punt? those with a battery and electrical heating?

That’s my thought. Working out my ROI at the moment.

Id take a guess at 10-15 years. Seems to be the most common bracket - at least from when I looked. and its just not viable with a big initial outlay. buy a splitting axe and get that wood burner running!

Wood burner is already a go-go! Havent got to that update yet.

I think the ROI might decrease a little as we have a electric car too. That could save a quid or two

Nasty lampshades removed

Skirting board ordered

Last night I couldn’t sleep and noted that two of the UFH zones were still firing despite the thermostat being upto and in one case well over temp.

The stat was not asking for heat, but the controller was “stuck” asking for it. Strange.

I manually override the stat to the “off” position and it cut the demand from the controller. Put it back on “auto” and voila. No heat request.

Repeated on the other unit and all good at the mo. Killer but now though is once the temp in the room drops will it trigger again?

Suspect I have two duff stats tbh. Others work fine.

Been doing a few bits in the garage.

Ok, so found out why I had two extra thermostats behind pictures!

Shame on me for not checking

In other news more silicon sealing and painting has commenced

Been cleaning behind the cooker tonight.

Shame no one else had in 10 years

Before :

After

Good work! Just cleaned out my pan drawer :laughing:

When we moved in

Decorated ( no carpet )

Decorated ( with carpet )

1 Like

My eldest sons room having been painted and carpet :

Before :

After

Youngests

2 Likes

A man that can has also done us some samples for the floor stuff.

1 Like

Dark finish all the way.

Eldest sons room is now complete. Its over the garage and has its own bathroom so he is almost autonomous of us!

Youngest sons room is complete too :

Wife Bond and I room :

I swapped over the firebricks.

Indian stone cleaned in the kitchen. A million times better!

Before

After

1 Like

Wow great transformation on that.

We always thought our kitchen floor was clean… Till we went next door and saw how identical stone tiles looked when they had been regularly cleaned over the last two decades…

That had a 100kg brush machine with silicon carbide brushed and sone alkaline solution that stunk to get those clean!