Honda Powered Exige Video

Anybody seen this vid?

Looks blooming fast!

Ian

YEEE HAAAA
Want one
Wonder what the 0-100mph times on paper are compared to the std car?

Steve.

All I can say is Phhhhuuuuu qqqq !!!

I want one too…

Wonder what the engine spec is to generate 247.7 (don’t forget the .7) at the wheels

Come on guys, didn’t we talk about these vidos here in the past? (or was it on another forum?)

Anyway, they don’t look real, you can hear the engine on the normal Exige, it’s either not being revved on purpose or there is something wrong with it.

The Honda powered car is obviously going to be faster but definitely not like that.

I find it disappointing that somebody has to resort to making such a video.
That video is only for the people that wnat to feel that if they went for his conversion, they would be that much faster.

Marketing trick, and I don’t like marketing tricks.

U - I don’t remember seeing the vid b4 - they were defo not reving to max, but then again that would only be 7k…

We are going to have to issue a CHALLENGE !!!

Ask them to publish the results of an independent test, or come on over and strut their stuff somewhere like Donny !!!

Hey ho - shattered dreams, however fleeting!!

BTW - I start new job next Monday - Any news U on your front??

You big sceptic Uldis! (even if there maybe truth in it)

The vid was only put on Joe’s Prototype Racing website on the 29th Dec. mike, details of the mods are on there too, no internal changes apparently. Although it looks like they started with a Jap spec 240bhp to start with.

Ian

There is a SELOC chap that has one of those engines and tested it on a RR, it gave much less than the claimed 274 BHP, and doen’t particularly faster than the Blink one, although it has a very fancy exhaust manifold.

Don’t think he would be interested on a challenge though.
On the job front, done one interview recently and will know at the end of the week the result. But it looked very promising.

Also, there are two more possibilities in which I will concentrate if this one doesn’t happen.
Let’s see.

I noticed the website said SAE rather than DIN…
Anyone know the difference ??
does that account for it ??

I’m willing to risk embarrasing my 213.5 (don’t forget the .5) against all that spaghetti, in the spirit of fun, if the SELOC guy is ‘listening’…

PS Good luck with the opportunities then, Uldis

PPS Ian - thanks for the link - still made good reading, and certainly appears to be a very neat job !!!

I’ve seen a couple of Honda’d elise’s and TBH for the money I’d be well pi$$ed, they really aren’t that much faster on the track than a well driver bog standard elise, let alone a bog standard exige… At the end of the day they corner at the same speed (if not a little slower as the honda lump is heavier) through the corners and at high speeds power doesn’t make too much difference.

For ~�10k I really wouldn’t personally…

Oh please lets not have the Honda BHP debate on here aswell - believe me guys there’s plenty of information on SELOC and some interesting comments if you have a few hours to spare reading the threads

Not that i have any bias you understand but…

Something fishy here ??.. the std exige definately doesn’t look like its giving it lalloo, and when you hear it, you can hear that its not getting a kicking, as compared to the honda which sounds well sweet…

Also, when you see the footage from within the honda the differential looks much less until the std exige seems to lift off then you see the honda go past just before they both lift off to slow down…

mind you the ptw of the honda is pretty tidy at around 300bhp/tonne when compared with the std car at 199bhp/tonne (both including driver and assuming 2.2lbs per kg)… so there might be some sense to the vids ??

so there might be some sense to the vids ??

Mike - unfortunately I am concluding that the only sort of ‘sense’ there is in the vids is of the ‘non’ variety…

i.e. [color:“red”] nonsense[/color]

LOL

Changed my mind, I want the engine from one of THESE!

Should never need to worry about aero dynamics limits or power-to-weight again!

Ian

Uldis,

You said

"There is a SELOC chap that has one of those engines and tested it on a RR, it gave much less than the claimed 274 BHP, and doen’t particularly faster than the Blink one, although it has a very fancy exhaust manifold.

Don’t think he would be interested on a challenge though.
"

It was my car that was the first tested at Emerald. My manifld was blowing badly on that day and so I was down on power. After fitting the replacement manifold and gettingt he final ECU map the Honda engine cars are making between 225 and 235 bhp, not what was claimed but still powerful and reliable.

I have no idea why you say I would not be on for a challenge. I track my car regularly and so far have not met any exige that can keep up. I’m sure there are better drivers out there who can keep up but my car is miles faster than it was with a 191bhp K series.

I live in Switzerland for the winter but once the ski season ends I and the car will be back in the UK so if you want to see how fast the car is then get on track at a track day I am at.

Hi Bill

I was the one who issued the challenge, and only in fun…

I’d love to see you on a track day some time !!

Uldis is miles faster than me, and I’d say just about faster than anyone - and his car is standard !!

Hi Bill,

the challenge we were mentioning is the acceleration one, and I thought you were not interested because I myself was not interested.
I expect the car to be faster than the std Exige, but not like in the video.
Do you?

And anyway, I would be very happy to see the car in action, as I have seen the one that Blink does already. It would be good to have a comparison.

I hope you can tell us in the “events” section when you’d be at a trackday, hopefuly some of us can be there and we could even make the UK version of Joe’s film. Straight line and on track

I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Uldis

PS - don’t misunderstand me, I like Joe’s conversion better because of being the first and because of that gorgeous manifold (besides having a DIY version as well)

PS2 - I am planning to be at Cadwell March 21st, and also tryingto organize a Scottish track and run, at Knockhill and Scotlands best roads, date to be communicated yet.

Uldis is miles faster than me, and I’d say just about faster than anyone - and his car is standard !!

Mr Birch(? dark blue Exige) may have something to say about that!

But he was not playing by the rules… overtaking on the inside and overtaking queues, without consent.
Anybody can do that (I wouldn’t).

But would like to meet him again on track…

But he was not playing by the rules… overtaking on the inside and overtaking queues, without consent.
Anybody can do that (I wouldn’t).

ermmmm… your nose must just have grown a few inches