Honda engines 0-60

I went to Bruntinthourpe on saturday and wanted to give the 0-60 challenge ago, couldn’t do it fully booked. But there was a Honda engined Elise and a Honda engined Exige there doing it. The faster of the two was the Elise and that made a 0-60 time of 4.99! Isn’t that about the same as the standard Exige? The Honda engined Exige never even done it as fast as the Elise! You dont seem to be getting much for your money with it. Does anyone no what the 0-60 time is for the Audi engined cars?

Chris

Audi engined cars come in two power rationgs - 250 bhp and 300+ (bigger turbo).

Expect 0-60 in around 4.5, but with two gearchanges included, and 0-100 under 10 secs…

The limitation is traction, not power in the 0-60, and how fast you can change gear !!

The more powerful variants will hit 100 faster…

I am hoping to post a 0-150 challenge, to see if I can beat the Esprit Sport 350 !!

Will soon post datalogger traces etc - waiting for the right private road, as they say !!

I am hoping to post a 0-150 challenge, to see if I can beat the Esprit Sport 350 !!

Will soon post datalogger traces etc - waiting for the right private road, as they say !!

Mike sounds like you need a trip to Elvington…

Never been there, but tell me more Steve!!

Chris, 0-60 is a really pants method for testing how good a car is on track.

Ian

Uncle Mike

How does a 2 mile straight sound? Elvington is the European airfield of choice for a stricken US Space Shuttle to make an emergency landing!

In all fairness, only a small part of the airfield is used for trackdays (Bookatrack are regulars), but occasionally, a couple of miles of the straight are available.

Mr Green is of course the Elvingtonmeister

Elvington is the European airfield of choice for a stricken US Space Shuttle to make an emergency landing!

How do you know this stuff!?

Can you please tell me when my baby will arrive? It tried on Friday (a month early ) but it would very handy to know.

Your expectantly, Ian

Mike

an old USAAF base from the WWII located on the SE side of York and used by several trackday companies for airfield days. The real benefit for you would be the length of the runway - over 3 miles - have a look here

Wow - I didn’t realise it existed…

Is it OK on tyres…

(Thinks - no - knowing Mr Green’s appetite for used 039s it can’t be… )

How do you know this stuff!?

Aa well as trackdays, it’s quite interesting to visit web page

Not recommended with good tyres - unless it’s raining or snowing!(Yes, Bookatrack have done a couple of snowy days there!)

Sorry, can’t help with the the sprogg - hope all goes well when the time comes

Pesky

you are mad as an… well mad as… well… mad as an old goat…

you make me ROFLOL alot… cheers me old pop…

I went to Bruntinthourpe on saturday and wanted to give the 0-60 challenge ago, couldn’t do it fully booked. But there was a Honda engined Elise and a Honda engined Exige there doing it. The faster of the two was the Elise and that made a 0-60 time of 4.99! Isn’t that about the same as the standard Exige? The Honda engined Exige never even done it as fast as the Elise! You dont seem to be getting much for your money with it. Does anyone no what the 0-60 time is for the Audi engined cars?

We only has one shot at the 0-60 and Ian (with 4.99) was the only one to make a reasonable launch. I did a 5.15 which was shed loads quicker than the standard elises and I had a rubbish start - loads of wheelspin after giving it too much revs. Low 4s would be easily possible with a couple more attempts. All the rover elises were just cooking clutches as they didn’t have enough power to spin the wheels.

0-60 means squat anyway.

Oooo, I didn’t know you could post Anonymously.

Ian

Clearly you can

… All the rover elises were just cooking clutches as they didn’t have enough power to spin the wheels.

I think you’ll find they were cooking clutches because the standard rover clutch is made of cheese and doesn’t grip as well as the tyres.

Clearly you can

Who was that!

Come on! Own up!

Ian

My money is on the famous and much missed Mr S S

The graemlin should give you a clue

\

Could be anyone Mike

I’ll tell you how to do it if you want

Clearly you can

Who was that!

Come on! Own up!