Honda/Audi

Hi all,
In these days of the need for speed, i’ve be considering an engine upgrade to an audi/honda super/turbo charged powerplant giving about 300bhp.
Im trying to source the least expensive turnkey conversion kit for this, does anyone have any info on where/how much this will be??

Oh and which is considered the most reliable, honda or audi??

Cheers for reading

The BigCheese

i would say both conversions are about the same sort of money if you want the little extras. ive got an Audi conversion now which i think i prefer but i dont think theres much in it. There seems to be a big wait with bernard for the Audi conversions at the minute though (someone correct me if im wrong but i got told he’s booking into march next year).

If you need a conversion done ASAP, Chris Randall at Hofmann’s in Henley does the Linkup honda conversions (he did a great job on mine) and has a very low mileage honda engine. The SC honda is ballisticalliy quick (has won every elise trophy race so far).

Given your time frame, getting an audi done will be a much longer wait - same as many of the honda options. I would have chosen Chris to do mine anyway - he uses arguably the best kit and his experience of racing the hondas has really helped with some of the extra bits he fitted.

If you need a conversion done ASAP, Chris Randall at Hofmann’s in Henley does the Linkup honda conversions

Does he have a website or is it all word of mouth?

AS much as I hate to say it, mine might be up for sale very soon, I will hate to see it go.

yeah ive been quoted about 17k for the 300bhp from bernard scouse, its pretty tempting even though im not sure about the turbo lag… S/C would be ideal i think, but there’s more shiny parts in the audi upgrade!!

17k ?..Wow !

Go drive both a SC honda and an Audi…

there is not really any lag in the Audi conversion. i think the audi one ive got was really good round the track although i never took the Honda supercharged one on the track. i dont think theres much in it but if i had to start over again i think the Audi would just win.

yeah ive been quoted about 17k for the 300bhp from bernard scouse

How was that cost broken down ?

Did it include various uprated bits ?

A test drive in each is definately needed!
The audi parts break down is as follows, with engine and gerabox obviously…
Supply and fit boost gauge with pod
Supply and fit oil T & P gauges with pod (with above)
Surcharge for SPA digital oil T & P gauges
Supply and fit Eliseparts gauge pod
Supply and fit exhaust gas temperature gauge
Supply and fit Nylatron suspension bushes (rear)
Supply and fit Intercooler scoop
Supply and fit uprated water/oil cooler
Oversize outer CV joints and uprated driveshafts (not S2’s)
Uprated 6 plate paddle clutch, including fitting.
Mapping of engine management system
Supply and fit baffled sump
300 BHP turbo upgrade

Gugleilmi Motorsport supplied parts below
Check and adjust 4 wheel geometry

Cam belt
Supply new standard 240 mm clutch
Clutch Slave cylinder and seals
Alternator belt
Fuel filter
Oil filter
Engine oil
Anti freeze
Gaskets and sundries
To fit clutch, slave cylinder, cam belt etc

17k ?..Wow !

Go drive both a SC honda and an Audi…

17k Where did you get that from ? The price is just over 14k for the base 305 BHP conversion. I guess if you add all the possible options you might get that number but nobody needs all of them.

We are giving a bit of a discount at the moment because things have gone a bit quiet over the summer period.

Waiting list till March ? That’s wrong too, it’s less than a month at the moment. As for turbo lag, you should drive one, as long as you’ve got sensible revs on there is no lag.

Bernard

How much is a 300bhp+ Honda conversion, with all the uprated bits ?

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

How much is a 300bhp+ Honda conversion, with all the uprated bits ?

My upgrades cost �31k

But just for the essentials, �15k should see you about right.

My upgrades cost �31k

Thank god somebody else spent that before you bought it!

In rough figures, how is the �31K broken down, Paul?

Pheonix motorsport near Accrington Lancs do the honda conversion… not sure about price and you can have either with or without SC

I asked them about the Audi conversion… they mentioned it was a ‘heavy’ engine adding about 50Kg… seemed like a lot…

I asked them about the Audi conversion… they mentioned it was a ‘heavy’ engine adding about 50Kg… seemed like a lot…

I don’t want to star an argument, but an audi engine and box is lighter than a Honda engine and box. Plus the weight is lower down.

Thought I better clarify, I mean an SC Honda engine and box is heavier than an audi turbo engine and box.

Thought I better clarify, I mean an SC Honda engine and box is heavier than an audi turbo engine and box.

Including intercooler/chargecooler/piping/ancilliary gubbins etc?

as scuffers has often said - its the installed weight that matters and Seans has come in light. Gubbins and all though he seems to have lost a gear on the way.