Hmm... they wont linstall TT260 ???

Kind of weird… I called the Turbo tevhnics spoke only to the girl in the reseption, and she told me they dont install this system on export cars???
Not quite making sense… Why cant I just deliver the car there and pick it up in 6-8 weeks…
Well…guess I have to call later on, because I dont understand. Its my problem if I need service or something , and I have to transport the car and not Turbo Technics…

Well…anyway , I was just curious, not planing to go for a supercharger… YET

If you wanna spend that much money then go for a MSC Supercharged Honda K20a or a Turbo Audi

Load of info on both round here and will server you much better than blowing [up] the K

Got a link for the supercharged Honda or audi??? How much are we talking about???

I’ve never paid too much attention to the prices as I’m poor and spend all my money on fast women and cheap cars (maybe I should swap them round ) LOL!

But some Honda stuff is here:
http://www.maidstonesportscars.co.uk/services/lotusHPE.asp

This is just the NA one (Normally Aspirated) but there’s a supercharger available for the honda for more cash

And the Audi:
http://www.auto-teknix.co.uk/audi-conv.htm

Both will give you more power than you can shake a turbo charged stick of power with extra added power that’s had 3 weetabix for breakfast, dinner and lunch!

Erm, and in English, that’s loads of power

I’m still waiting for someone to twin charge something LOL!

I thought somebody was offering a bike engined conversation like that?!

Ian

I still think the TT260 conversion is still up there with every other convesion. Best of all you get to keep the k series. Still no major problems with mine and i haven’t heard of any owners say a bad word about them, the only people that seem to do that are people who dont have them. i love the TT260 conversion as a lot of you will know i sold my one and brought it back, i would not of done that if i thought that its a bad conversion. If you can get Turbo Technics to do the conversion you wont regret it, good luck to you. By the way there are only 4 TT260 Exiges out there.

I thought somebody was offering a bike engined conversation like that?!

Ian

Wasn’t that a turbo 'busa engine or something? Twincharging is a supercharger for the lower revs and a huge feck orf turbo for higher up so you don’t have the SC dragging on the crank! There’s someone who’s getting a MkI MR2 Twin Charged, all a proper HKS kit, will push out something silly like 350 - 400 bhp and have zero lag

Ah! The birth of which was the Lancia S4 Group B rally car I believe. Nice to know it’s made it to a Mk1 MR2 then!

Ian

there has to be reason why they don’t want to sell you a conversion any more…

Maybe it’s because their warranty usually includes recovering the car from your residence if it fails… not soemthing they can do if you live overseas ?

Hmm…really usefull information out here… :grin Since I just got my car I leave it as it is for now…have only driven smt like 20 km yet … hoho… since im at work now,(will be home in 2 days )
But its nice to know whats out there . So if I ruin the rover engine I will have a nice excuse to do a uppgrade

Just spoke to maidstonesportscars, and I got quite impressed of what they had to say… sounds really like a good engine. And if u fit it with a supercharger it only cost 3500 � more… which means smt like 300 bhp… 0-60 3,5 sek and 0-100 in 8,9 sec…whowwwwww…
But the best part is that I dont have to pay the VAT (17%)… But it might be a bit risky to do soo?? I mean without registry the car with this uppgrade … thinking of incurence… if somthing happend , or car accident… dont know what will happend then

At least I wont install a Emerald yet, in case im goiing to put a honda in… hmmm…forgot to ask about how much kg the exige will gain with a honda engine…

and they will install the engine for abroud customers

The Lancia S4 Group B rally car was not twin turbo. It had a supercharger for low revs and a turbocharger for high revs.
If u already had the chance to listen to the sound such a car does…it is incredible.

Nicolas

The Lancia S4 Group B rally car was not twin turbo. It had a supercharger for low revs and a turbocharger for high revs.
If u already had the chance to listen to the sound such a car does…it is incredible.

Nicolas

Nicolas, that’s what we were talking about, it’s called Twin Charging

sorry, did not read the post correctly…

Niceguy,
I just got mine back from Maidstone its honda with supercharger if you can somehow get over at any point your welcome to try it out.

Quo

If Niceguy can’t get over to the UK, I could be persuaded to try it out for him. What do you reckon?

See you at Croft

Hmmmn is that testing by Proxy, or testing by Pesky

Ill defently get over , but not now… I need to get used to my 190 exige first… Have just got it…Just cant waith finishing my work… 2 more days…and ill be on the road

I dont mind at croft at all, anyone who wants to have a go can do as long as i get some track time in it