Hethel M vs. Exige 2 Part 235 *DELETED*

Post deleted by Hethel Merman

You d think the S2 Exige was a mass murderer or had wiped out southern Cambodia, I ve never known someone with such a grudge against a product. It might be bland to your tatse or a missed opportunity, but Jes give it a break, You have an S1 and our happy and I m sure many will be equally happy with the S2, every post is a dig, its not a Vectra its a Lotus give it a fighting chance, and equally give owners of the S2 an opportunity to join this forum proud of their purchase rather than shamed into quiet by the rants. So its got a silly wing, the S1 has Metro mirrors hasn t stopped me loving it…

While I can see where you’re coming from Mr gonein60seconds, I do think we should encourage Hethel M a little as the start of his post was vitually the first positive thing he’s said!

Okay, he couldn’t quite carry it through the whole post but I’m sure they’ll be more praise from him when he drives it!

All Exige lovers welcome here!!! (although S2 owners will have less need for the Q&A section with their improved build and reliability!)

Ian

ps. Mr Admin, why didn’t the automatic foul laungage checker pick-up the word ‘V*ctra’??!
pps. Although I suppose the S2 has to thank the more mundain GM motors for paying for the new improved line at Hethel!
ppps. Metro mirrors, really??!

Flattered that you’ve been reading my posts so avidly gonein60seconds.

I’ve deleted the post and that’s the last time I mention the S2.

Looking forward to your input on the S2 debate

– " All Exige lovers welcome here!!! " –

Of course the interesting debate is which of the two is going to appear at the top of the page?

Oh hell, I’ve mentioned it again

I’ve deleted the post and that’s the last time I mention the S2.

Come, come, there’s plenty of room for a breadth of opinion here.

Ian

Thanks for the words of encouragement IDG, but GISS does have a point in as much as I don’t want to be accused of discouraging S2 owners from joining this forum and I guess if they read S1 centric posts then they may feel unwelcome, which would be awful.

Anyway I reckon everyone knows where I stand on the S2 issue without any more posts

Hethel good to meet up with you today , missed your original post . The S2 exige is so much better in the flesh, the photos don’t do it justice, hmmn but dunno about that rear wing , the original has, in my opinion, so much more rawness and presence, looking forward to trying an S2 tho’ S1 looks superb in black, but black def doesn’t suit the S2- any S2 owners out there yet?

the S1 has Metro mirrors hasn t stopped me loving it…

Is it true? Has it got Metro mirrors?

No, not Metro but Rover 100 wing mirrors

Good to meet up with you too SimonE.

Agreed S2 looks a lot better in the flesh.

I will have a test drive shortly

Only black S2s were at Donington today - not at all impressed with the looks (prepared to change my mind once I see other colours). Definately not got the “wow” factor of the S1 - actually walked past it, without realising what it was.

I’m sure that the S2 will be a great drive on the road, but… it’s just not for me - would rather spend my dosh on a different powertrain for my car(when the time comes), rather than spend thousands changing (for what?) to the S2. It will be very interesting to see just how many they sell over the coming months - it generally doesn’t seem to appeal to existing owners, & many “potential” owners with Elises, seem obsessed as to whether you can or cannot remove the roof - I ask you!!!

Dad is right - we both agreed today that the S1 is the best looking car ever - no bad angles, perfect. The S2 needs more visual ummph to appeal to us existing owners, but it was also a mistake to release it as a demonstrator in black,it would have stood out more in Orange or a silver. I do not think many existing track goers will upgrade, and our friends at the factory have missed a trick - unless they are trying to sell it to a different audience, i.e. 350Z, Poxter, etc. The next version may be another story, however…

They need to come up with another model with a proper rear spoiler mounted in a much more pedestrian unfriendly position, and a real kick-ass 250 + BHP engine with torque to match, and find a way to make it look less like an S2 Elise - call it Motorsport Exige, then I might be interested…

Rob is just so right about walking past it before realising what it was… That’s exactly what happened to me… and I wonder how many others ??

Top call Pesk

I witnessed the exit of the S2 Exige from the hall at Donington today - it’s a good job I SAW it because IT MADE NO NOISE AT ALL and if I hadn’t seen it I wouldn’t have known it had left.

Regards

LOL Mike good to see you in such rude health matey

Mr P and RT as recognised connoiseurs (sp) of fine motors I have to agree

…we both agreed today that the S1 is the best looking car ever - no bad angles, perfect.

Conclusion arrived at, whilst convoying down the M6/A50 with JohnO - his car looks stunning on the move - new ali with Motorsport engine cover, anthracite painted wheels, & tinted side windows - oh, & popping a flame or two out of the exhaust on the overun

Only black S2s were at Donington today - not at all impressed with the looks (prepared to change my mind once I see other colours). Definately not got the “wow” factor of the S1 - actually walked past it, without realising what it was.

Pesky, There was an orange one on the SELOC stand on the saturday, Nice but not nice enough. Personally I quite like the car but the biggest complaint is that they have called it EXIGE when it clearly isn’t. It should have been an S2 Sport Coupe or anything other than Exige, then people wouldn’d be comparing it to the original (and still the best) S1 Exige. Only my humble opinion.

but it was also a mistake to release it as a demonstrator in black

But then, had they shown one in a different colour, that would have highlighted the fact that the wing/intakes/spoiler are in matt black and look tacked on as an afterthought.

Mr Admin

Twas great to see you again yesterday - despite your attempted subtle disguise (anti Scuffham detection garb perhaps?)

Er…what I really mean is, sorry for not initially recognising you now that you’ve gone contact lenses instead of the specs