Hethel M vs. Exige 2 Part 235 *DELETED*

Took me a good 30 seconds wo work out who the lanky fella in the Ferrari cap was aswell !

Having seen pretty much every one thats been built, i have to say that it looks best in yellow , orange aint too bad, but red, black and white no thanks There are some greys and blues but each to their own i suppose. Just my opinion, its not like i`ve got the money to buy one

white

Those Japs are obviosuly ordering them again!

Ian

despite your attempted subtle disguise (anti Scuffham detection garb perhaps?)

In a way… I was avoiding all those who wanted to shake my hand

Steve, good to see you on the SELOC stand. I agree the idea of calling the S2 coupe an Exige is a bit crap to be honest. I don’t know what HM wrote but I can guess and he gets my vote on this one, I don’t like the S2 Exige 'cos it’s not a racing car derivative, it’s a road car for people who don’t like scary sports cars or maybe, even, my wife that I feel is the 'orrible truth… I would have bought a Red thingie if I’d not seen the S1, I can’t say the same for the S2. However, if the S1 had not existed I’m sure the S2 would be just fine for the target Lotus is aiming at and I’m quite sure it is. Perhaps it’s just me that’s a miserable git…comments please.

Chris Harris (ran an orig Exige for a year) has written a superb 2 page article on S2 Exige in todays Autocar - gist is he’s not impressed in calling it an Exige but all the same likes it. Final para, and I quote ‘But in my mind, despite being a very fine effort, this is very much an Elise Coupe’…

I just read that! Okay, who’s been writing copy for Autocar then??!

“HETHEL!?”

Looks highly average in blue, I must say (not that I’m a big fan on the S1). He likes the tyres though and thinks the whole thing is pretty good, just without the character and with a long brake pedal.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure he ever drove it! Just read the bulletin boards.

Ian

Ian

“I just read that! Okay, who’s been writing copy for Autocar then??!”

Not me IDG.

Official Notice: This post has been fumigated as a cheese free zone for the benefit of Mr IDG

OH PLEASE! You’re gonna upset more than just gonein60seconds if you get that cheesey!

Ian

What Cheese?

Emmental, Gruyere, Czech Sheeps Milk, Venezuelan Beaver Cheese a per chance?