Hello!

Hello all,

I am assuming most of you have now read David ( admin5 ) post ? If not take a look over here : Exiges.com - Exiges.com - Lotus exige club

I have been given the keys to the exiges.com forum and am staring to make some subtle changes to the way things are done around here.

As to not alienate the user base and existing groups I’d love to get some input from you guys on what you want. If anything!

So far I have :

Gotten us onto the latest phpBB forum software ( the thing that makes these posts possible )
Updated us to the latest version of php that this sofware supports and migrated onto nginx from apache ( the thing that makes posting the posts possible )
Changed us to use SSL ( security first - but largely as Google ranks https sites higher than non https sites )
Added in a single new section for ( cue sharp intakes of breathe ) NON LOTUS chat. After a chat with Mr Anonymous I realised that a lot of the chaps around here have moved on from exiges and are now in the caterhams / whatever so it would be great to get some content from those guys. We all love cars right?

Thats all I have done for now. What would you like to see?

Over to you…

Thank you for supporting this useful site, I find Exiges a good resource with some very knowledgeable people. Making it less painful to post images would be nice. Maybe it is these days but it used to be a but consuming.

Just so there is no ambiguity - what are you finding troublesome?

Hi Andy, thanks for taking this on. Nice to see the section for non lotus. Would be great to see some of those that have moved on back a bit more frequently, and for those of us still in lotuses to share more frequently. For some reason, we’ve never really been able to attract as many S3 folks.

I agree with the comments regarding inserting images.
It used not to be allowed and hence you had to use photobucket or equivalent and then post the URL which was a royal pain.
We can now add attachments and link them inline, but it’s not intuitive. Best would be to have a button to insert image, that then allowed you to select something from your machine, and it uploaded it automatically.

Cheers
Will

Read and understood Will! Leave it with me for a bit. We are fairly tight on space at the minute so Ill find a halfway house and then expand out our space at a later date.

Is there a mobile version of the site Andy? I couldn’t see a tab for it on my previous look…

Not per se, however it does render well on mobile devices.

I use the site on my phone when heading to clients sites . I don’t notice any degradation.

Any more for any more?

No worries; thank you :+1:

Maybe combine projects and owners cars and ditch muppet show. I think the site would benefit from a clean up.

Read my mind!

I have just had a little jiggle of the forum categories.

Any feedback is welcome!

Hi again,

I have just added a small feature that works with “mentions”

If you “tag” someone with the @ symbol and name it will generate a alert for them

eg

@andybond will tag me.

I like it Andy.

Thanks! Keep the suggestions coming and Ill see if I can sort.

Many thanky for your effort Andy to keep this place up and running :thumbup:. I like it a lot and it will benefit from some freshing up. It has been sometime very quite so maybe we get some more traffic. Highly appreciate the switch to SSL as I never felt comfortable passing unencrypted user/password data.

Small niggle I noticed a while back, I was doing a search through old posts for various technical details and at one point had several pages worth of search results to go through.

It seemed each time I clicked on the next page of results, it took up a “search” from my “quota” and after a couple of pages the site would tell me that I’ve searched too many times and needed to wait X seconds before doing it again.

You can replicate it by performing a search then immediately clicking onto page 2 of the search results. Is this a phpbb limitation or a legacy throttling setting to stop people ddos’ing the site in the old days? :mrgreen:

I have adjusted the value to double what it was previously.

Great work Andy and agree Muppet Show should go.