Hello!

Currently locked and Ill remove the view permissions soon.

Thanks for the support guys.

Andy good luck with taking over the baton, changes so far look good :thumbup:

Hi [mention]andybond[/mention] wondering it its just me, or has the site logo become really small?

Top left one?

Since the updated theme it is auto scaling. On a 4k res its tiny but on anything sensible its ok.

Ok, do have high res on PC and Laptop, so that might be it, but as you say its tiny. Clearly not a genuine issue :slight_smile:

Any more for any more? I am assuming its doing what we want then?

Would anyone consider a proposal for an alternative platform? I personally am not the biggest fan of phpbb ( which this site is ) and have been running turboRenault.co.uk ( again at not for profit ) on Xenforo.

Basic boards look like : XenForo community
My turboRenault board looks like : https://turborenault.co.uk/

As every there are a myriad of themes etc that we can apply.

Any thoughts or considerations or are we happy with the status quo?

As I’,m a boring traditionalist who doesn’t like change, I like the look and feel of the current site. And thanks, Andy, for the good work and time you,re putting in.

I dont want to change things if there is no appetite for the change from end users. I dont want to alienate established people from the site.

I enjoy stuff like this and I think its important to try and put something back into a community.

I think we are just getting used to more activity (finally) with the ‘new board’. I miss the exige photo and font at the top.

Fact is use nose dived after the board was changed to this current format :frowning:
The previous was just happier font/style/ and crucially it had very nice and big smilies. It may sound gay (I know I know) but the current smilies are small and shit I believe its part of why activity dropped. That and loosing ohotobucket soon after.

If you can give exiges back happy smilies/emoticons and ditch the current scary/indreadable ones that plus the photos (Thank you!!) could wale up isage again.

Of the two you showed above, the basic one feels more familiar btw.

This is what I see btw. No exiges photo or logo at all

The phpBB thing is by design. You are viewing on a phone with a very limited resolution. Ill take another look into it , but initial signs are that it wont scale it very well - if at all

Take a look at this : phpBB • Smilies - Customisation Database

Pick a set out for me .

You mentioned happier font and style. Do you have any examples for me to take a look at?

Appreciate your input!

That’s very cool Andy. Option 1 basic format for me also on the new platform. Agree with Pierre on the smiles, something different more familiar… Not time to look right now. Great job though, keep it up.

If you dont want to change, we dont have to!

Andy, we get very little S3 traffic and that is where the new volume will be. I have always found Exiges to be THE place for S1 and S2 knowledge that is accurate, unlike other sites. So many S1 and S2 cars are one garage residents where Exiges is about driving them, we therefore will get decreasing usage unless we can get the correct subgroup of s3 owners as users. Maybe Evora as well. I have no idea how to attract that sort of users so my “helpful” suggestion may not be very useful. BW Keith

100% agree with you on the s3 bits. I am a little unsure how to attract people as well! I guess if we got in with a vendor who sold s3 bits and asked them to put in a flier with a sold part that might work?

I think part of it is marketing; exiges wasn’t always the easiest to sign up to for new members. That’s been resolved.

Getting the word out there on the other forums; as I see S3 owners mainly frequenting TLF and Seloc. There’s no reason why this site shouldn’t have a thriving S3 community.

Try and get on board with B&C etc? I do love this site though as there’s none of the cliques/BS that comes with some of the other platforms.

It’s catch 22. Expand and lose the personal nature or risk dieing out.

I am trying to make signups even easier so that [mention]seriouslylotus[/mention] doesn’t have to spend ages approving via emails.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You are right there. We have regular users who are “grown ups” who would quickly and politely explain to people who are talking rubbish. I think getting some new names on here from the race series who are running newer cars would be a start, maybe they could have a thread, to share insights and wisdom. It has to be about quality of conversation and not quantity.