Good day at Emerald yesterday

… since no one is going to get hold of another of those blocks in the short term - not even I for either of my 2 litre engine variants…

simon

I think that last part of the statement is why Simon is throwing his toys out the pram Dave

Bernard

Your posts just get sadder and sadder.

That’s rich coming from you. Note there is no direct response to any of the assertions I made because you know them to be correct.

Simon T said in “his” post that he was not in the pay of Nanjing. Far enough, people were working for several companies, I wonder if in that case he was working for the liquidators Price Waterhouse Cooper. But it is utterly irrelevant. He does not deny that it is a standard Rover 83mm bore 2L [1933cc] short engine, so why can you not credit that?

“his” post?, dont be such a pratt, you know very well it has come from Simon and snide swipes like that just make you look more pathetic. None if it is any of your business, Simon has said all he needs to, get over it.

As ever you seem image obsessed, my point is solely to credit the Rover engine with some of the due of the performance achieved, since no one is going to get hold of another of those blocks in the short term - not even I for either of my 2 litre engine variants.

Cobblers, your sole purpose is to discredit me. Count how many times you have alluded to ‘dishonesty’ from me on the thread and yet there is not one single statement that I have made that has been shown to be, unlike the many lies here that you have spun.

Wake up to yourself, how about giving me some credit for the work on the head, after all your own posting on Seloc insist that the headwork alone determines the power output.

Anyone who knows me will know how utterly laughable your comments about my image are, you really are deluding yourself arent you.

capiche?

Affected t*sser.

The thread is dead, your repeated shite takes it no further.

The facts remain undisputed

Get over it.

Dave

Bernard… a familiar theme… it’s always just a matter of time… he is laying down some excuses in advance just in case his engines dont come up with the goods

I see that several of those Scholar/DVA blocks as you describe them are closed deck. I have never used a Scholar closed deck block, so those cannot be anything to do with me. Kindly stop trying to implicate me in those engines, as far as the ones that I can see go, they are nothing to do with me. It is just mailcious tittle-tattle.

I’ll say for the umpteenth time, if you have issues with Scholar’s products take it up with them.

Show me where I claim to have built the engine, show me where I claim to have designed the cams, otherwise shut the **** up you are just sounding like an obsessive nutter.

Once again a straightforward thead about a good engine result morphs into another Erland bitching session.

You really are a pratt. Pure and simple.

Dave

… allowed to know that that performance came from the much derided - by dva - Rover design office.

simon

You still haven’t listed for me the parts of a highly tuned K that actually are standard K have you ? I originally thought maybe the flywheel bolts would be standard, but apparently these are now being replaced by upgraded items… So how much in your 2l K is standard, can’t be that hard to tell us can it ?

I don’t have anything against the Rover design chaps, they have done a brilliant job considering the meagre funds that the accountants (who seem to run all business these days) allowed them access to.

Bernard

My contribution was a considered reply with some detailed meassurements taken (at your request) of a Scholar block I had here and some photographs of errant rings and pistons.

Further to that I pointed out the utterly ludicrous schoolboy errors in your measurements that led you to lie about one of the blocks having a liner 8 1/2 thou out of round. Remember that one? it is one of many gobsmacking gaffes and lies you have posted.

If you have taken it up with Scholar, then why not do the sensible thing and post their response on another thread instead of endlessly bitching about it here. Then everyone can have a clear idea of what subject is being discussed, after all , your dialogue with Scholar has nothing whatosever to do with me , Simon or his engine.

The point of this thread has already been established and the facts expounded to everyone’s elses satisfaction, Simon has made it clear that he wants no further discussion from me about his engine and I will respect that, so should you.

If you have other items on your agenda - tough.

Up to now I have done you the courtesy of referring to you by your name, a courtesy which you rarely extend to me or others, I have also, until now refrained from personal abuse, despite seeing evidence of it in my direction.

However your continuing lies and misinformation on threads to which I have contributed and the litany of U2Us and emails from you that I have seen trying to grub up dirt about me and what I am doing have exhausted my patience.

You are grubby and two faced.

I cannot help but laugh when I see your childlike whining and footstamping when somehting doesnt go your way.

You no longer deserve any courtesy from me.

This thread is dead, no useful purpose is being served by allowing it to continue as king_tossers private wailing wall.

I repsectfully request that is is closed.

Dave

There is no such thing as a Rover 2 litre engine and there will probably never be.

As for the rest of it… yawn, same old rubbish, ISTR you ran away for 6 months following your exposure on that and other threads after being forced to climbdown and apologise, not for the first time. The statement about you being a liar wasnt an accusation, but a fact.

Whatever spin you try to pu on it, it is also there for all to see.

Everything you and others need to know about Simon’s engine is already posted on this thread, if it isnt good enough for you - tough. Others seem happy with the postings and I don’t dance to your tune.

Simon has asked me to give no further information, I will respect that, you should respect his wishes too and MYOB.

Do you think if you keep repating the same old rubbish it will magically come true or that people will believe you?

Lets be very clear on these points please:-

I can categorically state that I have never worked for NAC (Nanging) in any capacity since the collapse of MG-Rover. Nor have NAC given me or exchanged any engine parts, END OF.

I’m told they gutted the old East Works & even took the swarf & dust back to China as ‘it could be useful’.
It’s claimed that a former colleague of mine informed the said individual of this, well all I can say is either he was misinformed, mischievous or indeed misquoted.

I can also categorically state my latest engine is a 1.9L not a 2.0L. END OF.

Also this engine has never been run with a so called Touring Car head. END OF (not yet anyway !!!) The current head is a DVA ultimate high port design. All hand ported & with proven flow results.

As for the Cams, all I can say is that the Piper ID number quoted means nothing to me. I know the cams by duration & lift only. I will state that they are Piper Cams & the inlet & exhaust profiles are not identical but no more than that. If it wasn’t for a certain individual these would not be secret. I’m sure large company such as Piper respect client confidentiality so people can only guess, END OF.

nuff said

Dave

King_tosser,

Your lies extend well beyond the utterly stupefying fiasco you played out over the Scholar blocks. (still claiming they are 8 1/2 thou out of round?)

Just read Simon Thornley’s post and STFU. Then the thread can end. I have long ago lost interest as have most others.

Dave

40 to 115 micron out of round

Hardly 8 1/2 thou is it?

but will never admit that Simon’s engine is a std Rover short engine

What a load of tosh, that statement is just so laughable, it’s hardly worth comment.

King_tosser, there is nothing std about Simon’s short engine. Do you seriously believe that ANYONE with any sense would think his short engine is standard in ANY way?

Now go boil your head.

Dave

The best response to a fool is silence. There will be no more postings to this thread from me.

Dave

simon can you tell us all why the hell someone who had an engine build which failed after 800 miles didnt go back to the builder and complain instead of taking it to a guy who has minimal experience of building k series
i have read many a thread and you come across as a complete uneducated morron
open your eye and instead of trying to prove dva and scholar are idiots build a decent engine and post up your dyno result so people can pick holes in it like you do to other
mike

And just how much do you know about my experiance, or how many engines I have built or for whom?

simon

We know bugger all about your engines Simon, mainly because you are so secretive about them. Maybe one day you’ll tell us what power they make. But we all know the answer to that one don’t we ?

Have you get any engines in next years LOT series, I look forward to blowing you away. Oh and what happened to this race we were supposed to having about now ?

Bernard