God there are some tw@ts on SELOC

That is all

:unamused:

Chill out Mark, if its not for you don’t post on it so much mate.

:smiley: Good point but I’m not that busy on there, 10yrs and 2000 posts? What’s that 4 posts a week? :nerd:

Anyway its not so much “its not for me” the majority are ok and there are some good posts on there, it just seems over the last couple of years some right keyboard warrior types have appeared intent on being cocks :unamused:

I think that any online forum is a bit of a magnet for people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). We tend to ignore them when they pop up here, but Seloc has a few resident NPD sufferers who have taken root and are exceptionally annoying.

Look at the list of symptoms, you’ll see Dr Benja is correct with his diagnosis, next patient please :laughing:

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
Taking advantage of others to reach own goals
Exaggerating own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Becoming jealous easily
Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others
Being obsessed with self
Pursuing mainly selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Becoming easily hurt and rejected
Setting goals that are unrealistic
Wanting “the best” of everything
Appearing unemotional

Needing to stop myself naming names, that’s funny Ben lol.

Funny yes, and painfully accurate too because I think its actually probably a correct diagnosis for some well-known online ‘characters’.

those descriptions apply to some of the so called ‘directors’.

and ive never understood the member of the day usually being bestowed on one of them? wtf!

So this thread got me thinking.

Just like you have a ‘report’ button on forums you could also have an ‘NPD’ button. If there was sufficient NPD alerts for a particular user within a certain period you could auto-ban them and send a referral letter to their GP :smiley:

:smiley: I like this idea - maybe one to consider for the forum I moderate on :angel:

You could also have an ‘NPD Alert’ League Table - that may be more effective at self-regulation than banning :wink:

name and shame, love it, can you have a % NPD figure as well in the report?

yes talking about this over a beer recently

I like the ‘Engine Swap’ forum for a Lotus Honda bastard child like mine and am quite active in there, but avoid the other forums.

The thing I don’t get with seloc now is that the same directors seem to vote themselves back in year after year? It used to change but now its just the same old few running the show.
I actually quite enjoy reading seloc, there are certain things I do not like, some of the clear bullying for one. But there are some interesting posts and it offers some variety as the arms is always busy and there are various cars and technical issues talked about in the other bits.
But I tend to agree there are some real twonkers on there and the bullying of the likes of MrD was just pathetic.
You get the odd one pop up on here from time to time but they soon head back over there.

Boothy

Member of the day is just who has posted the most in a 24 hour period

And there are twats everywhere
/devil’s advocate

I do love forums, but there is some right tw@ts on them too. Iv met some good lads so that out ways the tw@ts 10 fold.

Best thing to do is just ignore the key bashing bullys and not lower ya self to there level. It winds them up even more not getting a reaction haha

Who is Gaz over there? He seems to be a right PITA…

Spitfire Engineering

Holy thread resurrection batman!

OK… so what is Spitfire Engineering? What do they/he do?

Toe links and some other stuff I guess. Probably not big into titanium bolts :smiley: