Glut of orange, yellow, and blue Exiges for sale!

Just noticed that on Pistonheads of 23 Exiges for sale, 16 are orange, yellow or blue! There are very few silver (or derivitives of), red, green or black ones for sale! Any thoughts why?

Are you really that bored you are monitoring colours of exiges for sale

Thought it was quite an interesting point actually!!!

I think it is too…my theory is that the bright colours attract the sportscar “butterflys” - they almost seem to want to move on to the next car before they have actually taken delivery of the last one.

The other colours, perhaps more conservative, are ordered by those who wish to have a longer term relationship with their car.

Of course, for every rule to work, there has to be an exception to prove it - so those people who have owned a bright coloured car for more than a blink of an eye, there is an explanation also!

I think it is too…my theory is that the bright colours attract the sportscar “butterflys” - they almost seem to want to move on to the next car before they have actually taken delivery of the last one.

The other colours, perhaps more conservative, are ordered by those who wish to have a longer term relationship with their car.

Of course, for every rule to work, there has to be an exception to prove it - so those people who have owned a bright coloured car for more than a blink of an eye, there is an explanation also!

Cack! I’ve had a yellow MR2 for 10 years and my Exige for year 1 of the next 48

Oh and the Elan is bright red

And no I’m not a bummer either

try reading the last paragraph again

I think there was too much steam around, by the time he got there

I think there was too much steam around, by the time he got there

[image]http://www.chriscovatta.com/recent_works/recent_pics/Steaming_head.jpg[/image]

Just had a look on Autotrader and 16 of the 26 exiges on there for sale are “silver (or derivitives of), red.” There is only 2 Orange ones 2 Blues ones and 1 In the stunning krypton green. 13 are silver(or similer)
No yellow ones on there Guess it just depends on where you look.

16 of the 26 exiges on there for sale are “silver (or derivitives of), red.”

13 are silver(or similer)

confused…I am too!

confused…I am too! [/quote]

by what?

confused…I am too!

Perhaps that’s because Bertone in the original post refers to cars on “Pistonheads”, & Nath refers to cars in “Autotrader”.

I’ve not looked at either of the above, so can someone say how many are S1s & how many are S2s?

I no understandy!

Is he hell, I’m the only anorak in town

PS Wonder if any white ones are for sale

When I first got it, I had wanted my Mustang to be a street only ride and to be as much of a sleeper as such a car can be. Since I was originally commuting with it, I did not want it to stand out, and I even went so far as to put a more sedate hood on to tone things down. But when I changed my goals from it being a street only ride to a track and weekend car, the blower and the roll cage pretty much killed whole sleeper idea.

I have no such desire to attempt to mute my Exige. There is just nothing that looks like it on the road in the San Francisco area, aside from the occasional Elise (I’ve seen a total of three on the road) and it will stick out anyways, so I figured that I would go completely over the top and get mine in orange.

I hope to have a long relationship with my Exige, regardless of color.

He he

I also need a Krypton Green S2- horrrrneee

for an S2

nice one pwe - Orange

I no understandy!

I was just saying that on Autotrader they are 13 silver exiges for sale, and only 2 orange and 2 blue ones. just a different view on it. sorry for matters guys

I no understandy!

I was just saying that on Autotrader they are 13 silver exiges for sale, and only 2 orange and 2 blue ones. just a different view on it. sorry for matters guys

Nath - sorry for adding to the confusion, I just wasn’t sure whether there were 16 or 13 in silver on Autotrader as you mention both figures.

I think it is clear now - 13…although no closer to knowing whether they are S1 or S2 (thank Pesky and not me for asking that!)

11 are S2s!

I no understandy!

Nath - sorry for adding to the confusion, I just wasn’t sure whether there were 16 or 13 in silver on Autotrader as you mention both figures.

I think it is clear now - 13…although no closer to knowing whether they are S1 or S2 (thank Pesky and not me for asking that!)

A quick look underneath will reveal that they are all silver ( or a derivative thereof)

Tim.