Fuel hose replacement.

Went to fit my hoses earlier and FAIL.

1, The hose finishers didn’t fit over the hose, they are slightly too small ( -6 size)

2, I think the teflon style hose wont seal properly either with finishers, there does not seem to be enough “give” in the pipe to seal with the hose finshers.

So options are

A, get a load of flash screw type fillings for the teflon hose. This will be a problem though as the swirl pot and fuel rail have push fittings.

B, Get some new nitrile hoses.

C, Some boggo ruber stuff and change every year. This last lot have only managed about 1200 miles

Definatley A. They’re used by the milatary/motorsport for a reason. Ask someone who mends planes :wink:

Fit, and pretty much forget. You will certainly get more mileage, and when it comes to change them replace hose and olives and away you go.

proper JIC fittings are a pleasure to use, im sure you can get the swirl pot changed over easy enough.

This is going to be expensive.

t pice about �30
Jic connectors �120 a pop
Swirl pot �100

Hose and other connectors

fecking thing

You going somewhere like Think Automotive?

Earls, probably. Merlin motorsport have a Goodridge shop, however they are more expensive again.

The goodridge teflon stuff is crazy expensive.

But not that expensive!!

You can get all male T pieces, and running T’s, with one or more female unions, normally saves on one or more union.

Jic connetors at 120 each??? Can supply you as many as you want for �115 :wink: Seriously though, �15-30 ish for -6 alloy teflon. The more straights you can use the better, as they are half the price of angled ones.

Weld on fittings onto your origonal swirl pot, that way you at least know they are in the right place.

Give me a call if you are struggling.

[quote=JDS]But not that expensive!!

You can get all male T pieces, and running T’s, with one or more female unions, normally saves on one or more union.

Jic connetors at 120 each??? Can supply you as many as you want for �115 :wink: Seriously though, �15-30 ish for -6 alloy teflon. The more straights you can use the better, as they are half the price of angled ones.

Weld on fittings onto your origonal swirl pot, that way you at least know they are in the right place.

Give me a call if you are struggling. [/quote]

put together a kit john :wink:

Let me know what you need Mark :wink:

[quote=JDS]But not that expensive!!

Give me a call if you are struggling. [/quote]

Cheers John the �120 was for 12 fittings, there are boat loads on the SC Honda.

Right found these for the swirl pot, need to find a welder.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AN6-6-6AN-JIC-WELD-FITTINGS-MALE-x-5-Aluminium-/330526726211?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf4ed9843

Human or machine welder???

Human that can weld ali.

Right pro alloy can mod the swirlpot for �35 plus the VAT.

So the only other probs are

Fuel rail either

Get an ali fitting to fit the standard OEM clip fitting, if they make them.

Weld on a JIC fitting.

Fuel filter

anyone know what size the thread is for the fuel filter so I can get some fittings.

Tia.

Another solution is:

Also is this of use?

I have a JIC fitting on my standard fuel rail… It was a clever little JIC think that you attached to the end of the normal rail and it somehow clamped itself on as you tightened it up.

Do you know where you got it from?

Just to add

this shop seem reasonably priced.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K/AN-6-TEFLON-PTFE-Hose-Fittings-/_i.html?_fsub=742411012&_sid=81447352&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Afraid not, it was something Richard @ Blink had lying around his workshop when we did the conversion…

Here’s a few pics though

THik I have found the widget Dave, cheers for your help