Fitting 2Bular GT3 Exhaust and sports cat

The diffuser and rear panel are both standard at the moment all I’ve done is removed the ends of the rear panel, which is just a case of drilling out the rivets that hold them in place.
Cut the Ally heat shield to fit and there’s also another piece of heat shield that needs to be taken out from behind the rear panel for the exhaust to fit. :slight_smile: let me know if you need any further help.
Marcus.

Looks really nice :slight_smile: but for those considering it you need an older car to get the result OrangeD has. I never noticed until it was pointed out (and I had owned both types) but the later cars (after around 2007) have a wider plinth used for the bumpers on US cars.
But fear not there is always the Boothy designed 211 plinth option.

Clicky here

I do like the 211 plinth, it looks very tidy, that was my original intention then I found it worked with the standard plinth, so saving �40 for the minute :slight_smile: Boothy you’re car was definightly part of the reason I did what I did :wink:

I have done the Boothy mod with the 211 plinth, I went for that to try to help with cooling as much as anything, I hope a bit less weight and some better cooling around the exhaust gearbox area will help my gearbox last till JSR fit my uprated one with its own cooling :slight_smile:

De cat pipe ordered and Jonny’s CEL eliminator widget, so bring on the flames :smiley:
I also took the snorkel off the airbox today which has definitely improved the sound levels and it was free :wink:
I will also be ordering a new filter element tomorrow as well, as the one in there looks like it’s been there from new :astonished:

Look forward to seeing it one day…soonish

where is everyone ordering the 211 plinth from?

I think you can just order it from your Lotus dealer.

Jonny my next track day is going to be either Silverstone or Le Mans Bugatti in August :wink:
Unless there are some other meets going on in the mean time :slight_smile:

:sunglasses: does anyone know the order code ?

Boothy’s your man for that :wink:

Speak to Paul in parts at Christopher Neils, he has the code and they will mail out, a few on here have now got them through him.

Boothy

Got mine from Joe at Castle sports cars as another option he sourced mine for me :smiley:

I have just been tidying up the rear end of my car, cut away a lot of the knackered heat shielding and wrapped the exhaust. I have to have access to a towing eye, and so attached a strap type to the driver side longeron. I then drilled out the two rivets each side holding on the grills on the back plinth (the ones that have the reflectors on)and refitted the centre section.

Seemed much cheaper than buying a panel eliminator kit/2-11 plinth and does the job.

just been reading this thread and my exige is having it’s large bore gt3, manifold and decat fitted this week, will it also need
heatwrapping and a CEL eliminator ?

I was under the impression that the exhaust wouldnt need wrapping with a naked read end.

much advice appreciated as its going in to be fitted tomorrow.

You should not need any wrap on the U bend or CRP however I’m not sure on the manifold as mine is zirco tec to keep the temp down in the engine bay.

cheers ade. what about the cel eliminator ? need one or not ?

Yes you will need one if you don’t want the light on all the time like mine is :wink:

Just having my burger here at Rocky…NA I have no heat wrap on my 2ublar manifold or decat but have some on the ubend although doubt I need it…bloody windy here on the oval!!!

I wrapped my manifold after removing the the heatshield, as I didn’t want the boot to melt, but as above the u bend is more for cosmetic perposes :smiley: