Fitting 2Bular GT3 Exhaust and sports cat

So did the clam come off or have you removed the studs on the manifold only ?

Clam stayed on and I removed the bolts from the manifold :slight_smile:

Two evenings in the garage and finally the job is complete :slight_smile:

Bolts freshly removed.

Impact driver complete with stud remover :wink:

Very pleased, the cars back on the road now which is good.
But there still a few bits to tidy up though.
I’ll post some picks of the car once its properly finished :slight_smile:

I have the same, I love it. Changing to a decat is quite straight forward with a set of stubby spanners. Just need to unhook the diffuser from the eliminator and take off the passenger rear…fiddly but you look like you can handle that. There is next to no difference in noise :sunglasses: on the NA, just smoother power delivery, better response, bit of blue flame and some popping-banging :smiley:.

Look great btw.

Wish my exhaust was still so shiney…

Glad you got it sorted in the end

[quote=jonnyfox]I have the same, I love it. Changing to a decat is quite straight forward with a set of stubby spanners. Just need to unhook the diffuser from the eliminator and take off the passenger rear…fiddly but you look like you can handle that. There is next to no difference in noise :sunglasses: on the NA, just smoother power delivery, better response, bit of blue flame and some popping-banging :smiley:.

Look great btw.
[/quote]

I do like the sound of flames :smiley:
Drove the car this morning for the first time, I love the sound, it also seems like the cam change has been smoothed over a bit, it does seem to pull a bit harder as well but that’s probably just placebo effect, just to sort out ECU reflash now and bring cam change down to 5750 :wink:

What air filter do you have on?

Just standard at the moment :blush:

That’s cool, as soon as you change that things should start to happen…noise, drama the lot. Personally I use an ITG Maxogen which bangs in on cam.

…and someone once said sounds like Darth Vader at idle :slight_smile:

It’s great lol.

I had my cam point lowered by Hanger111…the GT Spec may be worth having a read up on there site.

The K&N filter offers the same Darth Vader affect, makes me smile every time i start it.

I’ll have a look into the induction then, and find something more suitable;-)

A recent customer got an amzing deal on the TRD set-up from his Lotus dealer - might be worth asking?

I still only run the TRD solution with 300hp I don’t see a need for anything else :wink:

This could be completely wrong, but have I read somewhere that the cup air box is out of a camry V6 or something like that :confused:

The finished article :smiley:

I think you might be correct in that :smiley:

[quote=OrangeD]The finished article :smiley:

[/quote]

B-E-A-utiful!

[quote=OrangeD]The finished article :smiley:

[/quote]

Should your avatar be changed now? :wink:

Also, what tyres are you using?

Your probably right on the avater front, as for the tyres they were on the car when we got it, and they are Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31, not as sharp on turn in as A048’s but seem ok for general use :wink:

Very nice mate!! is that still the standard diffuser? do you have any pics of how the eliminator kit works and how your numberplate is attatched? im seriously considering this exhaust option…neeed to find another exige 1st :slight_smile: