Fitting 2Bular GT3 Exhaust and sports cat

Ok so I fitted the de-cat and went out for a run with some local guys, and blue flames were a plenty :smiley:

[quote=Whiteysback]just been reading this thread and my exige is having it’s large bore gt3, manifold and decat fitted this week, will it also need
heatwrapping and a CEL eliminator ?

I was under the impression that the exhaust wouldnt need wrapping with a naked read end.

much advice appreciated as its going in to be fitted tomorrow. [/quote]

I got that set up - no need for heat wrap, and the CEL eliminator is only if you are bugged by it being on all the time.

Yea Baby :smiley:

I didn’t no what the effect of the CEL light on all the time would be so I fitted this Clicky Here
it works like a charm and is so simple its perfect :wink:

I ordered one of those from them, but sadly it has never turned up and they are now not answering my emails, anyone got a phone number for them?

Sorry to here that :frowning: If you paid by paypal you can report non delivery and they should give your cash back but I’m guessing, the issue is more to do with not having the CEL eliminator :frowning:

Regarding the CEL light. I have had the light come on when I installed the decat.
I have then ordered the MIL Eliminator kit from Eliseparts, and installed it today.

The light doesn’t go off. Do I need to take it to the dealer for a reset ?

The MIL or CEL light should reset itself I would have thought once the error is no longer detected. A friend of mine has recently fitted the Elise Parts kit and it didn’t work :angry: the garage that had just fitted his replacement engine were monitoring the readings from both Lambda sensors and the reading were identical, so maybe a call to EP to check that some things not a miss the light should go out I’m sure :confused:

Strange ! I have no MIL light on even after 500 miles with a de-cat + manifold+ 6x18 box.

You’ve got me there, that’s very strange :confused:

I dont know if its made a any difference but i wrapped the lot in DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap from the collator to the tip apart from the manfold and back box , i did have the back box and manifold wraped in Thermo-tec kevlar manifold and muffler blanket , DONT use this as it nearly caught fire!! i found out just in time.

How many miles has your car done, I just wonder if one of your Lambda sensors is defective, it would have to be the second one otherwise your car would be running like a bag of nails :confused:

Nearly 6k

Crickey sensors should be fine then :wink:

Still no mil after another 60miles tonight , I’m a bit worried as I’m not 100% that it is running as it should , it could be just the change in the way it sounds since the manifold/ exhaust change.
I don’t know how it works , if the lamdas are fecked then wouldn’t the light come on anyway ?
If the cars not running right what sort of damage could this cause ?
My cars booked in on the 27th of may to have a chargecooler or intercooler done the it’s going to sinclairs to be re-mapped so I was going to wait till then to get it checked over .
Has anyone tried a VI OBD2 monitor on there car or any other ones , would this tell me if there is a problem ?

If your lambda’s were knackered, the car wouldn’t run so I wouldn’t worry to much, if your going to sinc’s Wayne will no doubt sort you out. when I fitted the De-cat it just made the exhaust note a little deeper :slight_smile:

And crackle & pop a bit, and not to mention a few flames :smiley:

Pop and bang ! sometimes I think I’m going to burn the paint off the cars behind me :slight_smile: I don’t think it would be aloud within 10miles of a track now !

The radio was rubbish anyway :slight_smile: