FAO: Those with emotions running high

Calm down or I’ll start editing posts and or considering removing users.

This is a happy place, we are all over 18, and as such can deal with each other in a grown up manner.

Am I missing something? The discussions re: KingK seem to far less heated thatn usual… what exactly are you reffering to?

I’ve just caught up on a few of the thread in this category, and there seem to be some unnecessary personal comments.

I won’t get into specifics, but if we can keep it all good humoured or “just the facts ma’am” we’ll be fine

Not like Mr. Admin to quell the flames. I was half expecting you to be complaining about the fact we all seem to be getting along.

LOL!

LOL

everything looks fine to me Boss…

OK, I’ve had to editing some posts, removing offensive comments.

You all appear to have something to contribute, let’s not get bogged down into a slanging match.

I don’t have time either to listen to “why I have edited one persons comment and not another” etc.etc. Life is too short.

NOTE: If I edit a comment, it’s for a reason. If you put the comment back in afterwards, you run the risk of being banned from the site. Yes, it’s arrogant, but them’s the rules.

“I don’t have time either to listen to “why I have edited one persons comment and not another” etc.etc. Life is too short.”

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Simon.

wohoo

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Simon.

I know i dont post on here nuch but I realy feel Simon is being unjustly treated.I as many others have paid much money to have my K get more power,every time it broke. Give the guy a break and dont censor what is an interesting and informative discussion…read between the lines of any so-called name calling so what!
Any how I should be getting my K from Simon in about 2 weeks 1.8L all lightened and balanced and Ill put it my exige.Ill post then how it runs against my existing tuned K and give you all an honest un-biased view.Then when it`s been rr I will post the result.So stop ridiculing him for whatever reason and wait,
Jonny Walker

I agree,

I have met Simon and he is a very nice guy indeed. He certainly knows his stuff. I do think he is a bit misunderstood on here.

In all fairness though I don’t think anything that has been written has been that bad. It all adds to the debate IMO and is also very entertaining!!!

Long may it continue!!!

Sean…

Give the guy a break and don`t censor what is an interesting and informative discussion…So stop ridiculing him for whatever reason and wait,

1. I haven’t censored the interesting and informative discussion, I have censored the rude offensive comments. (Not just Simons)

2. I have repeatedly mentioned that we all have something useful to contribute. That is never in question.

3. I don’t think anyone is ridiculing him, although that doesn’t prevent him appearing ridiculous.

4. For what is supposed to be a group of learned, intelligent people (not singling Simon out here) I find it difficult to understand why contributers can’t help themselves from mudslinging. Even a 5yr old understands “play nice”.

5. If we can stop disappearing up our own exhaust pipes on this discussion and stick to the topic, we’ll all learn so much more… which is after all what it’s about right ?

6. I have warned Simon from re-editing my edits to his posts. He has not heeded this, and has received a “yellow card”.

I used to think Simon was a nice guy too. However events, circumstances, interminably long 'phone conversations, histrionics, underhand dealings and character assasinations of persons who I have the deepest respect for have led me to revise my view.

I for one do not want to ridicule Simon, the research he has done and the information he presents is valuable to all, very valuable. However he seems keen to hurl brickbats at all and sundry and shouldn’t be too surprised if the odd one comes back. I made a simple request on a thread to ask him to stop using unsubstantiated information about me to susbstantiate his postings and received a reply with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in, random subject material, old information about discussions long dead repeated over and over. I am the only one who is tired of it?

Dave

…the research he has done and the information he presents is valuable to all, very valuable. However he seems keen to hurl brickbats at all and sundry and shouldn’t be too surprised if the odd one comes back.

…I am the only one who is tired of it?

Dave et al,

I totally agree, & no, you’re not the only one.

The “Donington Shootout” (or whatever it’s really called) won’t prove anything either. But why the hell should I care - I couldn’t be more pleased with my “conversion” - the performance/driveability is just as expected, & I particularly like knowing that if it the engine “lets go”, it’s not expensive to replace it.