FAO: Those with emotions running high

Simon,

You really should try reading your own posts…

They seem to contradict themselves in so many areas.

On the one hand you say QED have never had a head gasket failure, on the other you say it’s necessary to rebuild the bottom end everytime the head comes off… err… does this mean that QED do a complete bottom end rebuild everytime they fit a head… err… I’m confused.

So far Simon I haven’t had the opportunity to see any of the data relating to Mark’s engine, only that of the complete and utter state it was in before it came to me. I note that you have been free about releasing as much of that information as possible to third parties behind my back rather than to me. There is a word that describes that sort of underhand activity Simon and another for those that enter into it, but neither are usable here. And all this while you are posting about loyalty, such hypocrisy, shame on you.

At least I have been totally upfront with my dialogue with you, perhaps I should make public just all the shenanigans that you have got up to… but then again that is not in my nature.

Hell hath no fury like a Simon scorned.

Dave

Firstly and most importantly, I have to say I have learned so very very much from reading the posts and the counter posts on the subject of the K-series-engine sitting in the back of my exige. For that I feel totally indebted to Simon Erland and the others who have (usually negatively, it has to be said) responded. Thus I would really hate to see him banned from this site. I have felt a need to chip in here because I don’t want to see Mr Admin kick anyone else off and it is his show so he can do what he wants…

So secondly, I very much hate to see the bad blood that is being spilled and although i feel certain that most of us can read between the lines to extract -for ourselves - what we believe to be true, it is perverse that without some of these dissapointing posts we probably wouldn’t have learned so much (and i don’t just mean about the poster ) - a case in point surely being the extremely valued contributions from Dave Andrews… I never saw DVA contribute so profusely to a forum. Among all the battling I have really learned some good stuff and I thank both of you for that but…

… please don’t let your personal differences force a descent into lost causes such that no-one reading gets anything at all positive out of it even tho’ like i said earlier, there probably wouldn’t have been so much contribution and i wouldn’t have learned so much but please, simon especially, don’t let your obvious frustration result in the loss of relevant debate. You both actually want the same thing here… albeit for different reasons… well performing reliable metro engines

Also i’d ask everyone to remember that Simon ain’t an engine builder… hes an artist and most artists i know and have ever met (i never met simon but know/knew quite a few over the years), who are actually pretty ferkin good at what they do, also have a screw loose - apologies Simon, but its true you know - particularly when it comes to relationships with other lesser mortals like me!! - it seems to be what makes them have the creative focus they need… so lets everyone cut everyone else a bit of slack please – and not use personal baiting where it isn’t really needed

sorry for the long post but i’m sure you know theres so much love in here and i just want to see it shared around