Ey Up!!

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself…my name is Rich and I own an Exige S1, pretty much standard apart from a new removable steering wheel!!
Really need to get to know the car more and learn about the bits I need to look out for!!
IMG_1421_First Post.jpg

Welcome!!
Nice looking car and another one of us from upt north :clap:

Welcome, lovely looking car. I’ve always like the S1 in silver.

So the only mod is a removable steering wheel eh!? So is it to be maintain and nurture as Hethel intended or the perfect blank canvas to go mental with?

Another northern S1! An amazing number of S1s live up here -10, or was it 11 gathered at a Nyloc meeting in recent months - so you’re joining a happy band. Good to hear from you and look forward to meeting up.

Hi Saty,

Welcome to exiges.com

Nice to see a S1 still exists in factory form, would be my perfect S1 that!

Keep it as is if you can (i may want to buy it off you one day…).

Gav

Hello, great looking car :wink:

Very nice another oop north exige :smiley:

Welcome and great looking S1 :slight_smile:

Hi all, thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the compliments on the car, gives me a buzz every time i see it!! Would be great to have a meet up with all you guys, look forward to it.

I’m in two minds regarding the ‘keep the car as is’ and ‘stick a Honda in it’ thought trains, love the mental VHPD but like the idea of a SC Honda with that extra perceived driveability and power…choices choices!! :crazy:

Not had the car that long Gav so selling it not even on any horizon I can see…can’t wait to get it on track though!

Really looking forward to getting to know y’all better and picking your brains for advice…please prepare to be inundated!! :wink:

VHPD S1s=appreciating asset. Don’t dare swop it out. !!!

SC Honda S1=accelerating asset :smiley:

Im just pulling your leg, its the only model exige i have never owned and having one in the collection would be nice to complete it. I cant see it happening for a while though what with the prices as they are. Although saying that, probably now would be as good a time as any as they will only get more expensive, come on lottery ticket! No, Xant would kill me if i came home with another one, then again perhaps i could hide it… Arghh!

If its the car i think it is and you bought it from Lotus Newcastle then your lucky, I considered swapping the Sport160 for it when it first arrived with them but couldnt justify the cost to change, and i do love the soft topness of the elise if the truth be known…

I know what you’re saying thommo but the draw of a whistling Honda is strong, would like to have a passenger ride out in a Honda version before making the decision. I would keep the VHPD engine etc to swap back if needs be in the future…money is also a factor so wouldn’t be happening any time soon!

Well, I sort of understand. I felt when I got mine that was the way I would have to go eventually but no,w heading towards 10 years on, I just can’t conceive of switching(I have a spare VHPD in the garage)

That would be the engine Mrs T thinks you bought as a spare for the lawnmower :laughing:

In fairness she’s probably got the right idea :smiley:

Only joking lads :wink:

Tee,hee!

Welcome to the fold :sunglasses:

Good to meet you today at Croft Rich.

Shame the guy with the noise meter wouldn’t let you on as there were a few cars noisier than yours, mine included hence my black flag. :astonished:

steve

It did sounds naughty in the car park when you ‘warmed’ it up