Exiges.com @ Donington Sat 29th April

Yabbadabbado!

Let’s make this an exiges.com exclusive day!

Tracksport have booked the fabulous Donington circuit on Saturday 29th April for our annual trackday/laffathon

It will be “open pitlane”, with a max of 70 cars. Given the fantastic response to last year’s event at Croft, I don’t see why we can’t get a minimum of 50 Exiges there, but hopefully more!!!

As you will no doubt be aware, the cost of hiring any of the UK circuits has risen quite considerably over the past couple of years, plus Saturdays command a premium price. However, Tracksport are offering us the day for �250, provided that a �100 booking deposit is paid absolutely no later than 27th January. On this basis, they are not advertising the day on their website, so hopefully no Exige owners will be dissappointed by not securing a place by the 27th January. After that date, the day will go on “open sale”.

Please book as soon as possible, with the �100 deposit, by phoning Tracksport on 01270 666500, & ask for Craig, Joanne or Tracy.

Thanks in anticipation of your support

PS exiges.com regulars (eg Maddog, Tim, SteveB, & Brian) with Elises, are also expected to be there too;)

I’m in

Love Donington, but not at �250 I’m afraid. I paid �165 last June, open pitlane but on a Friday.

Is there liokely to be an event at Croft this year…its my nearest circuit!

Simon

Without wishing to sound patronising…

what you paid last year means f’all, plus I bet it was a Trackzone day (ie run by Donington itself).

Donington will be charging Tracksport �12000 plus vat ie �14100 for the 29th April (with a hefty deposit due at the end January, & the final balance due 1 month before the event). So, let’s look at some figures: 50 cars @ �250 = �12500, 60 cars @ �250 = �15000.

Speak to any trackday organiser, & they’ll tell you same story - they are not the ones making big money out of trackdays, the circuits are!

Still feel the same?

Noise limit?

Speak to any trackday organiser, & they’ll tell you same story - they are not the ones making big money out of trackdays, the circuits are!

Aint that the truth!

Good point, well made!

I’m in.

It’s my local track, so I don’t mind helping to sort out accomodation / food the night before and / or after if we fancy doing that again as well??

Sean…

Is there liokely to be an event at Croft this year…its my nearest circuit!

We only have one event per year, & Donington is it!

Noise limit?

Jamie, I know it’s not a “noisey day” (& they cost even more money from Donington!!!), so I presume it’s the usual Donington 98db drive by. That shouldn’t be a problem, although an S2 with the Pipercross Induction & Stage 2 exhaust will need to be careful, as will an S1 with de-cat & Janspeed silencer.

In saying this, that is just the way it’s going across the board, & we’ll have to get used to it & comply

Simon

Without wishing to sound patronising… > You managed it anyway >

what you paid last year means f’all, plus I bet it was a Trackzone day (ie run by Donington itself). > No, Bookatrack >

Donington will be charging Tracksport �12000 plus vat ie �14100 for the 29th April (with a hefty deposit due at the end January, & the final balance due 1 month before the event). So, let’s look at some figures: 50 cars @ �250 = �12500, 60 cars @ �250 = �15000.

Still feel the same?

Yes.

I didn’t say that this was a case of the organiser profiteering. I know all to well that it’s the circuits pushing their luck (and the insurance companies), but my gullibility level doesn’t extend to �250. We have already seen one trackday organiser close its doors to business this year, and if the circuits continue to raise prices then more will follow. Someday the circuit owners will see that the trackday cash cow is looking abit thin…

Might be aright as is (Pipercross & standard Zorst)

but my gullibility level doesn’t extend to �250. >

Just remind us how much your new car was, then.

Plus, fair play to Jonny5, if he can get Donny (& other circuits) to see sense - he is definately one of the good guys who deserves to succeed

but my gullibility level doesn’t extend to �250. >

My gullibility level clearly does extend to �250 so absolutely count me in …feck it, life is short

BTW a big thanks to Pesky for getting this organised it will I’m sure be a great day.

My hard-earned in Donnington Park Leisure Ltd’s back pocket, �250. Hanging out with loads of exiges.com mates, talking cars and hooning all day,…priceless

I’m in and can’t wait. Croft last year was a fantastic day so I’m sure this will be top too.

On the cost front you really need to understand how much circuits charge these days. To put this �250 into perspective the Group-C series charges �1000 for a single race fee which gives you FAR less track time than an open pit lane day (only 110-120mins).

I’m in any excuse to get my car on track

I will be there - thanks for organisation Pesky …

OK - is this just a day or will there be nightlife entertainment

Andy et al

We’ll definately be having a beer/meal/whatever else in the evening - I suggest the Saturday night, rather than Friday night - is that okay with everyone/majority?

We can set to work on the “social side” at the end of Jan, once we know the numbers involved!!!

Andy et al

We’ll definately be having a beer/meal/whatever else in the evening - I suggest the Saturday night, rather than Friday night - is that okay with everyone/majority?

We can set to work on the “social side” at the end of Jan, once we know the numbers involved!!!

Sounds perfect

Just wish there would been some dobble trackdays soon…
Never really understood why its always 1 day… Takes to much time/money to go for only 1 day… …