Exige S2 with added supercharger

Agreed. I do hardly anything on my car myself but fitting a replacement harness was a bugger. I really ought to take the driver’s seat out again to adjust the belts but I have been thinking of doing it for about 12 months and still can’t bring myself to do it.

1 Like

Anglesey prep has started.

As usual nowt fits so have to Tetris.

Caught the front number plate and it shattered.

Have replaced with my battered but not shattered one.

1 Like

Safe trip mate, have fun

1 Like

Enjoy! Jealous :heart:

1 Like

Where do I start? Where do I begin?

A 6.5h marathon of a journey to take Wife Bond and me to Anglesey. Its 180mi for reference :frowning:

When Wife Bond takes sneaky photos of me I really do realise how lucky she is to be married to a gentlemen of my build , who is bald and mostly grump.

Lucky her.

The very resourceful @Adey had booked an Airbnb around 15mins or so outside of the track. It would have been around 6 minutes away but some absolutely loon has most of the roads at 20mph. I could have go out and walked faster at times

A crap nights sleep mostly due to me farting loads after an Indian meal and it was track day which comprised of :

~60l fuel

​~160mi

​~80 laps

Pictures courtesy of wife Bond.

I have been to Anglesey 3 times before and every time it absolutely threw it down. Not this time though!

I don’t know if anyone else experienced this but the amount of pickup from other tyres was incredible. It also made it quite slidey at times,

I managed to get my 52s sufficiently warm to grip and let out gradually more air until I was happy with the feeling of the tyre.

I am absolutely delighted with the way the car feels on track. The suspension refresh has absolutely transformed the car. I cannot overstate how much better it feels.

I have the slightest hint of understeer with absolutely no hint of snap oversteer. It can be provoked if you want it , but skids are not fast. Or wallet friendly on 52s!

The lowering of pressures and my lunch brake contributed to a spin in the afternoon session at the corkscrew. I had a single passenger all day and spun with them in the car. I know why - cold tyres and me leaning on them far too hard. However I did manage to shout SHIT when I knew I had rotated too far and dip the clutch. A cheeky 180 into the pits waved at the marshal and back out again. Nothing to see here!

Parked up and had a wander. Took precisely 2 photos as I was absolutely tired out. I have forgotten how tiring track driving is since my enforce 2 year hiatus .

Time to pack up and as usual the bloke who works on trains decided to down tools and have a lie down.

All too soon its time to return home. The return journey was much better at a shade over 3h. Car on drive to unload then put in the garage so I can clear what can only be 18tyres worth of rubber marks off the bodywork.

Roll on the next trackday and more importantly CSF2025.

5 Likes

Uploading a few images :

4 Likes

2 Likes

Great pictures :+1: My favourite circuit Anglesey :grin:

2 Likes

I prefer Donington tbh but it’s perhaps due to access that!

Never been to Anglesey.
Donington is a good circuit, especially the GP circuit.
My favourite is Brands.

1 Like

Anglesey on a nice day always makes for some cracking photos (as demonstrated!)

I do like it, especially the coastal circuit. Donington is great too, done it on bikes as well as cars, but have to say my favourite is Cadwell.

Looking forward to doing more trackdays as soon as I can find the time.

2 Likes

Never done Brands Hatch @johnfishcurtis. Its bloody miles away though!

Cadwell is the box killer! Not sure I want to experience that!

Box killer is good for the upgrade to sequential!!!

Looking for parts ! :smile::+1:

Car looks mega.

Anglesey is one of my best ever places. Not just racetracks, places full stop :heart:

2 Likes

The distance from home to the track is its achillies feel for me.

This is you, I think? :+1:t2:

1 Like

It is!

Having done Cadwell on quite a few occasions in cars and on bikes, I would say it’s just a case of being aware of just how fast you are prepared to take the mountain :grin:

It’s a brilliant track, has to be done!

It was more a reference to I know of 3 c64 box failures here on 2 cars.

Its not a chance I am willing to take.

Ill happily accept putting the car on its roof but not willing to risk a gearbox explosion!

2 Likes