Exige S2 with added supercharger

I bet you do! Unless you are going for it this evening?

I haven’t the replacement parts! I’ll need new connectors.

Plus, I am updating someone’s website software at the minute

That is just an excuse, takes you 29 seconds to update, well that is what it seems like

2 Likes

I have gone halfway house with a PDM and AIM screen. I bought a not very well know GARW dash. Its an IC7 standalone dash and isnt tied to any ECU manufacturer. The thing that put me off until I did some research is that the dash came out and the developer got swamped and stop developing.

He has now re-emerged onto the scene.

So , I bought the dash new to me ( ebay ) and it arrived this morning. Fresh back from my lunch break with it sort of plumbed in and working via a node.js windows screen controlling it over Wifi. That work was carried out by a chap called Dustin Sterk over on Lotus Talk

This kind of stuff really floats my boat as I love IT , I love data and now bringing the two together.

Boxed up

Opened up

In place

Couple of config tweaks so it knows the parameters for my car and voila - two screen that you can flick between

A few things that I need to sort :

1. Oil pressure and temp. I have the feeds from my probe in the oil sump. Ill run a fly wire to the loom from my gauge and check they work before snipping any wires. Will be great to see that on the dash

2. I know my ECU is outputting AFR over CANBUS but I need to change the input on the dash to read it. I also dont want it in lambda as I cant read it quickly. Old fashioned AFR.

3. Mileage correction is possible in the dash , but I cant seem to get into that menu. Work in progress.

4. Update firmware ( if applicable )

1 Like

This stuff blows my brain as I’m very much mechanically oriented, but I love to see what can be done, cheers!

1 Like
  1. Firmware is off my list. Upto 4.55 now.

I’m not keen on the digital dash boards but that looks good as the std dash and the other dash would be better on track. I like. Don’t think it will work on my S1, I would not change it anyway.

I will do pretty much what you said - OE white dash on road and switch when on track. I’d like to get more inputs and logging too.

Fitted ( for now )

6 Likes

I have been working on the dash and trying to get more data for me to look at.

I want the AFR to work and I partially have it working but I am not doing something right as it seems to fluctuate too much.

I do have the dashes setup as I want them mind, for now.

1. Standard S2 Exige from 2004 dash

2. Later model S2 Exige dash but I have changed it to KMH to make my life easier when abroad

3. “Race” dash with AFR ( bottom right ) Ignore the oil pressure. I havent wired it in yet.

4. Can diagnostics. This helps me work out what channel is sending what data. I change it in the SXTune software when connected to my ECU and validate that its sending the data here. The 0x600 is my custom output sending wideband lamba 1.

5. LFA dash. I put it on as I like the look of it! Pressure and oil temp are null as again , not wired in yet. It will be though!

2 Likes

I like all the displays apart from the later S2.

How is the display in daylight and reflections?
On the race display can you select the information displayed, for example, not everyone has oil temp and pressure sensors?

The later s2 one I have for the kmh. Super useful.

You can’t manipulate the data that’s displayed but I am working out how to create my own dash .

2 Likes

looks like you’re making some nice progress

Two steps forward one step back!

You haven’t posted for 5 days, what are you up to? :wink:

1 Like

It’s been 20h!

Trying to sort out the AFR on the dash. Thr scaling that SCS send aren’t matching with what I think I should be seeing

It’s fun and games!

1 Like

I found myself with a spare couple of hours after @Fonzey dropped off a blanking plate for the radio.

Cue a 4kg saving in radio and front two speakers. Ill get round to removing the rear two but didnt have the patience to remove the seats to get access today.

Whilst I remove the seats Ill whip off the existing speakers, route the ECU cable into the car instead of flywire and remove the seatbelts.

But for now, 4kg saved.

1 Like

Good work.
Have you thought about a perspex rear window ?

That fire extinguisher is a long way to reach in the event of a problem.

I hadnt. Until now …

You would not believe how fast I can move if there is a fire problem. My first priority will be to get out, never mind grab the extinguisher!