5A ECU battery feed.

Part is now fitted.

Fault is still present …

Angry Season 3 GIF by Party Down

1 Like

‘Trigger’s Broom’ at some point mate? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What you need, is a nice reliable S3 Exige… :thinking:

Until I fix this problem I shall not rest!

1 Like

Front earth point ( the one where you plug the battery jumps in ) cleaned.

No change.

Happy days.

There are back from the painter.

4 Likes

Is the fault known to also due to poor grounding?
You could be in a rabbit hole 5 days before you leave.

TBH @johnfishcurtis I have had the issue for 3.5 years and only decided 5 days before leaving Id like it fixed.

I have a fault ( dash stays on ), I have a workaround ( remove fuse R4 ) and the problem goes.

I think Ill park this issue until I return

1 Like

I would park it as well.

You could end up with a worsened situation. Deal with it on your return.

1 Like

100% with you John. I have chanced my arm changing the ignition switch, cleaning the existing earths that I can get to.

I have resigned myself to the R4 fuse not being fixed before Spa. I dare not mess with anything now. Its too close.

I have been out and bought some new snazzy UK plates to replace my battered plates.

I went out for a small shakedown run to check that everything was working as expected as I had been rummaging around in parts that perhaps I shouldnt have been rummaging around in prior to a road trip

The less said about this, the better

I have however started dialogue with a very clever man about having a new loom made up. Quite how far I take this I am not sure yet.

1 Like

Who’s front splitter is that?

Do you need to resort to a completely new harness, that’s quite an undertaking?

1 Like

Its a reverie one.

Do I need a new loom? Well, technically no. I suppose I dont. However I do have some rather persuasive arguments with man maths for going for one :

1. I could go fly by wire rather easily
  2. I could get rid of the adapter loom from Lotus → SCS
  3. I have a break in the loom that controls the IACV. Its got a spade on it at the mo and Ill replace with some deutsch connectors , but better no breaks
  4. My injectors have pig tail connectors
  5. Corrective actions on other parts of the loom such as where the USB power is taken off.
  6. Could go mad and go full PDM …

I could on the other hand

1. Remove front clam
  2. Clean up the earths
  3. See if that resolved the R4 fuse

However, worth noting that the Lotus S2 exige engine bay loom is NLA.

1 Like

Me…
Remove clam and clean all earths.
Repair cable correctly.
Sort R4 fuse.

Save the money from a new loom on fuel/beer/dirty weekend :wink:

1 Like

I take your point John.

Its the real weak point of the car with the amount of modifications its had on it.

New Loom, DBW, sequential and digi dash

2 Likes

Well, funny you should mention that.

If I went down the PDM route the AIM PDM Motorsport dash is literally 1/3 of the price of a AIM MX2E. Now the way I look at that its basically buy a PDM32 and get a free dash.

Solid man maths right there, right?

If I stopped there Id be happy but not ecstatic. Sadev ST82-17 ideally next.

I said “Project completed” when I mentioned this to Jaik. He retorted “What’s after when the project is complete”

"TVS1320 … "

The list goes on.

I know I should stop. I should have stopped before I got started really with the Katana.

I have invested heavily in this car but I just cannot see me selling it , and the V6 as wonderful as it is just does not float my boat.

There are probably two cars that tickle my fancy ; Porsche Cayman GT4 , or a GTS 992. I just cannot justify spending that much cash on a depreciating asset though. Thats it. Thats all I would replace my exige for…

1 Like

Ah sod it, just do it.

I kept looking at this as inspiration… Trackspec's Exige S240 Project: Part 4, Completed Aero — Trackspec Autosports

1 Like

I shall investigate