Exige S2 with added supercharger

I keep looking at the Alias side skirts but £300 for plastic sheet, I just can’t press the button to buy.
Interested to see your results.

You and me both!

There seem to be a fair few sets about of side skirts from various vendors.

That and I’ve seen a few plastic ones start to deform and bend

Im sure I have seen a forum topic somewhere, where side skirts deformed and it got messy between the buyer and vendor.
I would love a set but not willing to go with plastic.

Yeah John think it was Samsport or something along those lines.

I’m after some but think I’ll stretch for carbon. Looking forward to seeing what Andy comes up with.

I’m not stretching to carbon, but definitely interested to see what Andy comes up with (as a bulk buy) :+1:

I have done a little more tonight after having a bit of a " where is the numberplate going to go?" moment.

The original manufactures recommend drilling the front clam and putting the plate on there. I am not a big fan of that. Its a bit drastic.

So , what I did was take off the mounted splitter and start drilling holes in it. What could go wrong?

With a combination of Lotus fitting spire clips and bolts I made a thing. Its not overly pretty but it
a) Works
b) Was free
c) fully removable on track.

I am quite happy with it

I then noted that I needed to repaint part of the front splitter as the isopropyl I had used to wipe it down had removed the paint in places.

I went to my state of the art spray booth and layed down some paint. Its curing now.

The light seems to catch every single imperfection in the front splitter. Its not mint , but its not as bad as it comes out here either!

Once the paints gone off Ill be looking to do a final fit.

2 Likes

Sack the plate off! Over rated :wink:

Funny you should mention that Jake. I inadvertently did exactly that last time I went to LeMans.

I went over a rather aggressive speed bump outside my hotel in Dover and lost the plate there ( unbeknown to me at the time! ) and drove to LM , back and then home without one.

1 Like

I once fitted that splitter :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:eyes:

Rear diffuser?

5cm extended?

(Insert your own joke here)

7 hours since posting, I hope he’s in the garage fitting it!

At work :confused:

Still at work?

Chop chop, we need an update.

Finished about an hour back!

Fitted it , but need to drill out two holes where my infills are. Thats tomorrows job.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing the finished job.

1 Like

Well that was fun.

The new rear diffusers almost , nearly fits. Except in the places it doesnt. I had to elongate 2 holes , drill 2 new holes in fittings and then as known about drill two further holes for my rear blanking places.

I expected to whip off the old items and 20 minutes later put in the new one. Hour and a bit it took.

Ah well, the fun and games of owning a plastic shed I guess?

Anyway. Pics.

Before :

After :

Its not as dramatic as a difflow diffuser ( fortunatly ) but it is subtlety different. If it wasnt for the 5 fins instead of the standard 3 id be a bit “meh” about it.

No doubt Ill be able to carry another 18mph through every bend now.

Thats the front and rear sections complete. Best start planning the side skirts now.

2 Likes

Like that :ok_hand:

1 Like