Exige S2 with added supercharger

Tbh I find it easier getting in and out of the Exige than my Passat. Different angles!

Im similar with my left knee.
Volvo XC40 company car with its chair seating position and Exige with legs out position, are both fine. Anything else i get pain and discomfort quickly.

In tonights episode of " I did a thing " I cleaned my steering wheel.

It wasnt truly manky but I had noticed a few shiny spots.

As ever I did 4.3million hours of youtube research and followed a Ruskiweldfab video of simply add fairly liquid to water and use a microfibre cloth to clean. Then rinse with clean water .

Before :

and after

Whilst its not perfect, it is a heck of a lot better

2 Likes

Yep I do the same every year or so. Always amazes me how well they come up.

Mine currently looks like the wheel of a 40 year old outdoor gokart

1 Like

I have one particular flatspot that I am ok with but it needs some, erm something.

Its shiny.

It is a case of TADTS or can I revert it somehow?

Pics of the dirty water in the sink or this didn’t happen.

2 Likes

:grinning:

I ran away from the sink , stat.

Didnt want wife Bond to find out I had been doing “car stuff” in the sink

I know someone who used the dishwasher to clean engine parts :wink:

1 Like

I havent done that.

Or used the oven to cure paint.

No Idea Idk GIF by SWR3

I have an ITG filter on the exige. I put it on after Fonzey great results changing over from the TRD box to the ITG filter. Its been on around 2years or approximately 23 miles due to my house move and knackered knee.

I wasn’t going to let the fact that its done barely any mileage get in the way of me removing the filter and followed the YouTube video done by ITG to clean the filter and reoil it.

The filter came out easily enough from the engine bay. A few pan head screws holding the metal shrouding over the actual element.

This revealed :

Yep . That’s a not very mucky air filter.

Undeterred I washed it as the guide recommended from inside out and then with a bit of fairly cleaned the foam.

This was done while wife Bond was out to avoid any of “those” conversations. Sink was cleaned , but not too much to arouse suspicion.

I let it air dry for 24hours except I kept on finding small puddles of water lurking every time I picked it up. Cue a air blower I have for cleaning out PC cases and 5 minutes later - voila! Dry!

​In the video it describes the use of gloves as mandatory. I scoffed at this but boy am I glad I put gloves on. That oil is seriously, erm oily. It gets everywhere. Its hard to judge what’s not enough and what’s too much. From what I understand if it looks dry , it is and if its dripping with the green oil its probably enough. I left it again for 24h upright but in the garage on a rag to absorb any excess.

Typically I have found with the Lotus if something comes out easily , its a pain putting it back in. If its a pain taking it out its a pain putting it back in. The filter was the latter , not the former. I just couldn’t get the 8inch long strap that holds the metal casing against the support arm on. Lots of swearing and eye rolling later I changed methods and it was on.

Its baltic out in the garage tonight so I did what any sensible person would and pushed the car so the exhaust was out of the garage and ran the car upto temp. I figured even if I had over oiled it was in the best place to fail - the garage.

It didnt , temps got upto 89degC , and oil around 65degC.

I did a couple of blips like I was warming up for some race and then put that car back where I found it.

I promise Ill get the car out of the garage in 2024!

5 Likes

When you say results over the TRD, what type of results? I presume also louder?

It was a small amount.

Louder, I am not sure on that. I think it seems to vary from car to car and depends on your listening position.

Which Momo wheel is that Andy? Really like it and would be keen to change the standard one for something similar.

Its the momo tuner with black center : Momo Tuner Steering wheel (seriouslylotus.com)

I have now started working on the aero on the car. I dont think its bad, in fact I have no data to suggest otherwise but I have some spare time and some parts to fit.

I am sure F1 aerodynamicists work this way as well. Which is somewhat ironic as my car was owned by a Red Bull chief aerodynamicist ( I have a letter on file from him stating the car was in good order ) anyway …

@Fonzey donated this reverie front elongate splitter to me a while back. I had a bad run of luck and only just got round to fitting it.

Its not quite a OEM fit. I have had to fill some holes, elongate others and wonder how I am going to overcome some problems.

I must admit I think it looks good though :

Before

After

I have going to work out a method for attaching the numberplate. It will most likely involve some 90degree angles and some velcro.

One thing I am a bit perturbed by is the “hang” that the extended front splitter has as demonstrated here :

Apparently the vendors recommend that you put in two rivnuts to hold it up. I am not so sure I like the sound of that. I might use some of my reassuring expensive 3m tape but curious if a dab of sikaflex along this edge and the tape will do a job as well?

Side skirts are in production and I am awaiting h111 to do a discount code as I need some more rear A052s and replace the rear diffuser with a 5 element one.

2 Likes

Really watching this closely. I would love to add more aero so I’ll see what you come up with! :joy:

Who’s doing your side skirts?

An ex f1 Renault man that can!

Now that sir is just teasing!

I think they will bear a close resemblance to all / any on the market. There is only so much you can do.