Exige S2 with added supercharger

Chill. Small, as in 2-3mm. If I didn’t point them out to you, you would have no idea they were there. They’re there - hopefully - to achieve something a bit silly in Exiges land.
Only 10 mph to go

John, are you supplying the drill bits or me ? :slight_smile:

This is all fantastic info. Loving it.

How can I actually now get any real world , real world experience of it stuff is working?

I am all over this. Happy to listen and take advice.

In tonights episode of “in the garage with Andy” I have been trying to worked out the pulley size without taking off the clam, putting my hand in tight holes and other double entendres.

It involved cutting down a tie wrap to ~74mm. Thats the size pulley I believed I bought ( 2.91 inch to you imperial speakers )

I then managed to double bend my hand into a nearly impossible anlge and place said tie wrap against the pulley with my fingertips.

I couldnt photo this part as I was bent over the car bending into positions a 43 year old really shouldnt.

However the important thing is that when I place the tie wrap so it butts up against the bottom of the bolt and across its slightly too long at 74mm. If I could get dead center

So its there or thereabouts 2.91 inches. I think. Anyone think differently?

The downside is cost vs results.
The diflow infil, mira tests, lotus diffuser/undertray, ever other test shows as a step change between the undertray and diffuser angle, is bad, but cheap to make.
Ideally a nice curved profile would be best. Expensive, but best.
But, there’s an engine/gearbox in the way. And a subframe. And some suspension pick up’s. And most of your exhaust. I wonder why there’s step change there?
So, make the most of what you have.
As a layman, from what I have learned. There are some downsides though!
Top vents on the front clam. Live with the chips, windscreen issue.
1/4 panel behind front wheel, make the vents as big as you can. Live with having no paint on your rear sill/clam area.
Infill panel like the diflow one, but front as well as rear.
Longer rear diffuser.
Solidly mounted side sill extensions. Don’t drill through your oil pipes, AC pipes, clutch pipe, etc! Will help with the rear clam/sill stone chips.
Biggest issue is getting the car stable.
If you want to find out what’s going on with aero, get hold of some flowviz, and throw it at the car before driving it up the road.
Then get someone far cleverer than me to recommend what the next step is.
Suspect it will be stiffer than anyone will be happy with.

1 Like

Added to my list

This area?

We shall add it to the list! Although I think the one that @Fonzey donated to the cause might have these bits already!

Any brands you can recommend? How much longer?

These are being developed for me.
Cant promise I wont do any of the other bits mind…

Good idea!

Noone appears to have your knowledge mind!

Yes, that area. Have a search for the GT3/4 Exige pictures. There was more vent, than panel.
As long as you dare really. But ideally need to interact with the rear spoiler to work properly. Nothing to recommend as it’s a niche item, and varies too much between working well and looking good!
Cool. Try not to!
There are far clever than me around, I assure you!
Think of the big picture though. It’s easy to make any car quicker short term. More boost good, until you melt something. More low good, until you can’t get home due to road surface. More stiff, until you break something expensive. More noise, until you can’t do a lap on a track day as too loud!

I am with you. Everything is a compromise.

I guess I am leaning on the more comprised side already with ride height , all the mods …

Best carry on really.

Ill not even mention sequential. Not yet anyway!

But thats 2.91 on the outer lip, not the actual pulley size as that measured where the pulley sits.

I take your point @johnfishcurtis but I have a couple of “gimmies” for this

1. I am working with a tie wrap cut to size from a B&Q tapemeasure.
  2. I measured across the pulley as you pointed out and not front the inner part not where the guides are protruding.
  3. Noone makes a smaller than 2.91inch pulley.

I am just getting over the doubt in my mind its a 2.91inch pulley. Please dont open that box again! :slight_smile:

Rear diffusers. What the percieved wisdom of which is “best?”

H111 do a 5 element 600mm longer one @ £249+vat
Elise Exige S2 111S 111R R Five Element Extended Rear Diffuser Black | Hangar 111

Reverie do a carbon 5 blade one. @ £799 (ouch)
Lotus Elise S2 (01 - 11) (Std)/2-Eleven (07 - 11) Carbon Rear Diffuser - 5 Element - Lotus Elise S2 (std)/ 2-Eleven Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, 5 Element | Reverie Ltd

Elise Spares have a 4 fin GT3 one @£243
Extended 4 Fin GT3 Rear Diffuser - Lotus Exige S2 (elise-spares.com)

Difflow via GRP : 5 fin @$799
Difflow Rear Diffuser for Elise/Exige 5 Element Railer – GregsRaceParts.com

Have I missed any? anyone spotted anything on evilbay?

Which ever you like the most is the best for you, except that Diffflow monstrosity which should not be allowed.

Curious if anyone had some mad science behind any of them.

Really enjoying the car when I can.

It’s off to have its under the sea suspension refurbed today

1 Like

Whereabouts are you taking it? And what bushes have you opted for? :slight_smile:

Its going to see @seriouslylotus and @JDS ( tag so he doesnt go home early today and forget me! )

Bushes wise - will talk to the gents but suspect the decision between sweeping and spherical will be an easy one to make.

On the diffuser topic i picked up a diffuser from Home — defuseco

The standard diffuser on my car was looking tried and with the above exit exhaust i have now i want one without a hole in it. It was around £200 shipped too.

It does make my wing look really small now tho

Hi , thanks for the suggestion.

I think I really want a 5 element design to try and stop the disruption from the exhaust.

I couldnt see one on their site :frowning:

The gents over at SeriouslyLotus have been doing some fine CAD work on the aero parts.

Here is the CAD mockup :

Only the finest, lightest card in use there I note.

I have also been delighted to be sent this pic :

That a rough mark 1 in metal design. It needs to be trimmed for the full droop suspension drop.

Really happy with that so far!

Trimmed!

1 Like