Exige S2 with added supercharger

Loving these write-ups. I have nothing to report, sadly.

Some new Blyton camera angles there!

Car looks mega

It has been suggested that the ARB that I have on the car really isnt that great and that a pilbeam ARB might be where I want to be.

Assuming I move house Ill get one ordered in a few months. If I dont move house ( dont ask! ) Ill get one ordered next week …

Video courtesy of @Spooky

Exige 2zz with supercharger - YouTube

Exige 2zz supercharger - YouTube

First time I have heard my car with the new exhaust and I really do quite like it!

Hello Andy,

I see you have a set of Tillet seats ! How do you like them ? Did you set them up with pads or not?

The reason I ask is because I also bought a set, and I am wondering whether I should buy pads. I worry that without pads, they may be more prone to scratches, and perhaps slightly less comfortable ? What is your experience / views on this ?

Nico

Hi Nico, I have two different sized tillet B6 screamers, one is the 43 for my more ample frame

Neither are padded other than the headrest.

There are scratches to the product , but it doesn’t bother me too much.

I have driven to LeMans and not regretted the lack of padding.

I see ! Thank you Andy. These seats are apparently very comfy !
Nico

Nothing has broken since the last post. Minor trip out update.

quite like aviation, specifically military aviation and often trundle down to Coningsby and Lakenheath/Mildenhall for visits along with RIAT. < /confession > I cant quite decide if plane spotting is in the same level of sad as train spotting. Speaking of which does that mean car spotting has a grade as well?

Last night a good friend and me went down to CBY as they are on nights. A not so fun route down of A1 → A17 was used on the way down and a chip supper was aquired at the aptly named Chipmunk chippy near the base.

We found the perfect bench

I think the S2 is quite photogenic from the rear. I suppose a little like me …

Then this happened :

StartEX was due at 2100. I have a couple of rubbish pics of a phoon departing.

We watched about 13 ships go up and head off to the North Sea directly east Newcastle. At 2200 we called it as it appeared no one was on a short op so departed. Typically the second we left the base a phoon returned. Nevermind.

We were routed back via Newark and this was a lot more fun despite the candle light excuse for headlights on the exige. Power , brake , roundabout , repeat.

(Bingo)Fuel light came on the second I arrived back on the drive so all in all a good, solid run after a trackday.

Never thought of selling the exige and these kind of runs affirm its a keeper.

That’s awesome. Missus is a bit of an aviation nerd (her first flying lesson this weekend!) And I have many fond memories from BAE family airshows and open days back when my Dad worked there

Oh, exiges are cool too

Scary day today.

MOT time!

What could possibly go wrong?..

(feel free to re-quote that later) :wink:

The 4 Reaction GIF by BMW

Nothing huge to report. Moved the car 15cm forward to stop flat spots and updated my SXtune software to 2.6.6

My exige has a new place to reside as we moved a few days back. Loverly big double garage space.

3 Likes

Excellent, looks like a great space.

From experience you need to get those boxes out, NOW. For every day that passes after a house move, the chance of your ‘temporarily stored moving stuff’ actually getting moved elsewhere gets slimmer and slimmer.

If those boxes are still there in 4 weeks time, they’re never leaving.

They will leave. I promise. I know this as its mostly my stuff, not the kids, wifes or other accumulated stuff.

Spot on!

Has the garage got radiators fitted Andy?

No, sadly not.

It’s cool in there!

That looks almost exactly the same as my garage, lol!!

…including the boxes… (I moved 2 years ago and they’re still there!)

1 Like