Exige S2 with added supercharger

Glad you had a great day Andy!

It’s interesting to hear your thoughts on these tyres, gives us all more informantion when it’s our time to change to new set of tyres.

Other than just more grip, did they go off as quick?

Do they have grip in the wet too?

Excellent news on the A052. I’ve not heard a bad word said about them yet, any notable wear on them from a single trackday? That seems to be the only downside.

I think we need a group buy on some reproduction arch liners…

There is certainly some wear on them but nothing of major note.

FWIW, my mate has a Cup 250 with these tyres (which is why I got them in the first place) and has done 5 track days so far (Donington and Cadwell) on the same set of tyres - they still look like they have a couple of track days left, and he’s driving quickly around the track…

I’d be VERY interested in a group buy of repro. arch liners - especially if we could get some made with a different shape that takes into account the area that always wears through, lol! :thumbup:

Perhaps if we made some arch liners out of A052 rubber we could create a tyre that tops itself up under braking.

Hahaha! :clap:

I knew yesterday that I was wearing into my arch liners. Confirmed it tonight and repaired with the tried and tested roofing stuff from bostick

Now I have been considering uprating my front ARB. However I noted that his one has 4 holes. Surely an aftermarket item?

@Fonzey found this online. Could it be one and the same?

Few pro photos from the Jav photographer . Rest of images are here: 06.03.22 Donington Park | Flickr

Sounds like a great outing. Super pics

Avid readers of this thread may recall that I had noted that my droplinks were on position 4 of 5

Not any more!

I ordered my droplinks from SeriouslyLotus late on a weekday and had them on my desk next day. Really cannot complain about the service from SL.

I has set aside this afternoon for the fitting of the new drop links.

I had prepared the liberator ( hammer ) , and liberators friend ( angle grinder ) for the job. They were needed. Near side lower link undid but then stuck, fast. Even with the inner part clamp solid I couldn’t undo the nut.

Cue angle grinder. Then hammer to push out the old drop link thread.

Top one undid pretty easily.

Opposite on the offside.

Couple of hours later , 2 cups of tea and 4 custard cremes and the job was done

More shiny bits on the rusty bits. I’ll get the other parts sorted when I feel it’s required. I’ll replace all bearings, bushes at the same time.

Spring rate pic for my archive. Front.

I have been out on a 20mi jaunt cross country. Quite possibly placebo but the front end feels to corner flatter, and feel stiffer. Needs track really though to say for sure.

Little and large at the petrol station

What little fuel and a large bill?

:grinning::grinning:

Don’t look , just pay and run.

Noticed the cashier had a mask on and was riding a horse which I found bizarre.

Not really weird. COVID vulnerable and horses are cheaper than petrol

Those wheels are far too nice for track use, you need to sell them to me and have my Y spokes :thumbup: :wink:

I took the car out a few days back to a local car event ( no pics, sorry! ) but I noted that the idle was getting “stuck” at 1500rpm and then a tap on the throttle reduced it to normal. It sometimes appeared to hunt as well.

I thought it was about time I learnt a bit more about my map, so I broke out this

In a hybrid of Rob Dahm ( minus hair ) and page up from the mighty car mods I set about my tweaking

I saved the map pre page up/down and post. I now have it idling without hunting. Quite happy with that. If it all goes wrong Ill revert to the previous map.

Whilst I was in the boot of the car I couldnt see the illumination of the wideband controller. Curious as to why I discovered that the data cable had unclipped itself and the actual unit was lose in the boot. Now, I am at an early stage of mapping but I know thats not a good thing.

One cable reattached and the display unit velcro’d to the boot space and we are back in business

I had noticed over the past week weeks that I had a left hand down when going straight. The fine gents @SeriouslyLotus @JDS were super helpful and fitted me in at late notice and have taken corrective actions on the left rear toe which was a way out.

As ever great service.

Car is now fit for Blyton a week Saturday

Back to an old stomping ground this weekend with ClioSport and TurboRenault.

Took a friend out in the exige and this is what he had to say.

Delighted with that

Can also confirm the front ARB changed have helped the turn in. Nowhere near so much diving and understeer.

:thumbup:

A few words about my trackday at Blyton. Whilst I appreciate its old ground for me having been there perhaps 8 or 9 times now its also a very familiar test track. I do tend to take the exige on the road but I would never dream of cornering on a B road like I do on track.

For those at the back who havent been following my thread ( shame on you ) I have mad a modification to the adjustable ARB and gone full hard. Thats 5/5 setting.

I have certainly noted a firmer bite on turn in, however dont forget I have the near mythical AD052 tyres on. Could it have been that as well? Either way I am delighted with the car setup, but as ever always wondering what more could be done. I note the roll on the pictures seems to have been reduced but not removed. I am torn here because in theory a stiffer spring might stop the compression but I am curious if it could introduce understeer as the firmer spring would force the tyre to skip , rather than grip? Answers on a postcard or even this thread, please

My new exhaust sounded erm. I dont really know! I have a new lid as well and that basically renders most external noises null and void so I cannot tell. I am awaiting some videos of other track goers to get a better impression.

All in all, I am most pleased with the pace of the car and the confidence it inspires in me pressing on.

Some pictures of the car now. I am sure you have all seen a s2 exige before but tough …